2015 GMC Yukon
Update: the 2015 Yukon has been unveiled. Check out more information and photos here as we update this page.
The 2015 GMC Yukon will launch the fourth-generation of GMC’s flagship SUV. The model is expected to be more modern and more luxurious than ever before, ride on an all-new platform shared with GM’s range of all-new pickup trucks and SUVs, and feature the latest technologies inside and out.
The following is a list of assumed intelligence about the 2015 Yukon:
- New design containing hints of the 2013 GMC Acadia
- All-new K2XX platform
- High levels of differentiation compared to 2015 Chevy Tahoe, 2015 Suburban, 2015 Escalade
- High-quality materials, including real wood and aluminum
- 5.3L V8 L83 with Active Fuel Management, Variable Valve Timing, and Direct Injection as the standard engine mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, or a new eight-speed gearbox (if it is available in time)
- Hybrid powerplant discontinued
- Offered in regular and extended wheel-base variants as Yukon and Yukon XL, respectively
- Flat folding 3rd row and power-folding 2nd and 3rd rows
- Price starting around $40,000, and climbing all the way up to $65,000.
The 2015 Yukon will continue to compete in the full-size SUV class. Its rivals will consist of:
- Ford Expedition & Expedition EL
- Toyota Sequoia
- Nissan Armada
- Chevrolet Tahoe & Suburban