2020 GMC Terrain
We expect the GMC Terrain to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2020 model year, representing the third model year of the second-generation Terrain.
Expected Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of new exterior colors
- Slight rearrangement of trim levels and equipment/features
Coming soon: See detailed 2020 GMC Terrain changes, updates and new features here: 2020 GMC Terrain change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 GMC Terrain continues to be offered as a compact five-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2020 Terrain rides on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
- Future Cadillac model in the compact class to slot below the Cadillac ATS replacement, likely called Cadillac CT1 or Cadillac CT2
The 2020 GMC Terrain will likely follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence and launch in or before the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain will remain in production for at least the 2020, 2021, and 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch on or after the 2023 model year. A mid-cycle enhancement, also known as a refresh or facelift, is expected for the 2021 model year.
Discuss the 2020 GMC Terrain in our GMC forum.
Follow our coverage of GMC Terrain news.[toggle title=”GMC Terrain Pictures”]