2019 GMC Terrain
We expect the GMC Terrain to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year, representing the second model year of the second-generation Terrain.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 GMC Terrain. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and GMC.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 GMC Terrain:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No changes to powertrain
The 2019 GMC Terrain continues to be offered as a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Terrain, the 2019 Terrain continues to ride on GM’s D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze (second generation)
- Chevrolet Equinox (third-generation)
- Buick Envision (first-generation)
- Buick Excelle (second-generation)
- Buick Verano (second-generation)
- Future Cadillac model in the compact class to slot below the Cadillac ATS replacement, likely called Cadillac CT1 or Cadillac CT2
We expect the 2019 GMC Terrain to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Terrain will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 model years, and that an all-new, future GMC Terrain will launch after the 2023 model year.