2018 GMC Canyon Updates, Changes, New Features
The 2018 GMC Canyon receives several minor updates and changes, including:
- Deletion of two exterior colors:
- Cyber Gray Metallic
- Bronze Alloy Metallic
- Addition of two exterior colors:
- Marine Blue Metallic
- Satin Steel Metallic
- Replacement of (IO3) 4.2-inch diagonal display radio with AM/FM stereo, which was standard on the entry-level SL (2SA) and Canyon (2VL/4VL) models for the 2017 model year with the (IOB) GMC IntelliLink Radio with 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen, USB ports, auxiliary jack, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones, App Shop, and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability.
- For the 2017 model year, the IOB unit was available on the Canyon (2VL/4VL) trim level.
- The SLE, All-Terrain and SLT trims get the (IO5) MyLink radio with 8-inch diagonal touch screen, while the range-topping Canyon Denali gets IO6 — the same unit as IO5 but with embedded navigation. IO6 is optional on the Canyon SLE, All-Terrain, and SLT.
- Addition of new All-Terrain (4SB) trim level after the start of production. The new trim contains the equipment of the Canyon SLE 4WD while adding the following features:
- (Z71) Off-Road Suspension Package
- (JHD) Hill Descent Control
- (R1U) 17″ x 8″ Dark Argent Metallic cast aluminum wheels
- (QHE) P255/65R17 all-terrain blackwall tires
- (S1K) 16″ x 7″ steel spare wheel
- (ZJJ) P265/70R16 all-season, blackwall spare tire
- (VT5) body-color rear bumper
- (NY7) transfer case shield
- (HJX) Jet Black/ Cobalt Red cloth interior
- (KA1) Heated front seats
- (AAQ) 4-way power front passenger seat adjuster
- (AL9) power driver lumbar control
- (AT9) power front passenger lumbar control
- New grille insert and lower bumper fascia specific to the All-Terrain model (which was not available for the 2015, 2016 or 2017 models)
- To note: the 2017 GMC Canyon offered these features (except for the unique grille) as part of the All Terrain package, which was available only on the Canyon SLE 4WD.
- Replacement of DL6 mirrors and with DG6 heated power-adjustable, body-color outside mirrors. The new units are standard and only available on the SLE and All-Terrain trim levels, while the rest of the trims continue with the DG6 mirrors.
- Addition of trailering assist feature with guidelines on models with Tow/Haul mode, which is included on models with the 3.6L V-6 LGZ and 2.8L I-4 LWN Diesel engines.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Following are GM’s official RPO-level changes and updates for the 2018 GMC Canyon:
- Exterior color (GBV) Cyber Gray Metallic
- Exterior color (GWX) Bronze Alloy Metallic
- (IO3) AM/FM stereo with 4.2″ diagonal color display
- (DL6) outside power-adjustable, body-color, manual-folding mirrors
- Exterior color (GD1) Marine Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (G9K) Satin Steel Metallic
- (CTT) Trailering assist with guidelines (included with [5G8] Tow/Haul Mode)
- (DG6) Outside heated power-adjustable, body-color mirrors (standard on SLE models)
- New 4SB All Terrain model available after start of production All Terrain model is now available with (H2U) Jet Black leather-appointed seating
- New Black All Terrain grille center insert and lower bumper fascia
- (IOB) 7″ diagonal Color Touch Screen with IntelliLink is now standard on 2SA, 2VL and 4VL (was available on 2VL and 4VL in 2017 model year)