2019 GMC Acadia
The GMC Acadia receives a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year, representing the third model year of the second-generation Acadia.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are the changes, updates and new features for the 2019 GMC Acadia:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of four exterior colors
- Replacement of 18-inch all-season, H-rated, blackwall tires (QMV) with P235/65R18 all-season blackwall tires without the H-rating (QMX) on SLE-2 and SLT-1 trim levels
- Addition of 17″ x 7.5″ aluminum wheels with P255/65R17 all-terrain blackwall tires as option on Acadia All Terrain with SLE-2 and SLT-1 trim levels
- Addition of Express Up and Down window controls for driver as standard on SLE-2 and SLT-1; were Express-Down only in 2018 model year
- Deletion of LPO/accessory-level Rear Sear Entertainment System
- Introduction of Acadia Black Edition as option on SLT trim level
- Introduction of Ebony interior with SLT All-Terrain
See complete 2019 GMC Acadia changes, updates and new features.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 GMC Acadia continues to be offered as a midsize four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with either two or three rows of seating.
Models & Trim Levels
|Drive||Trim Level||Trim Code||Model Code|
Like all second-generation units of the GMC Acadia, the 2019 Acadia continues to ride on the GM C1 platform (or “Chi”) shared with the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer Cadillac XT5 (first generation)
A long-wheelbase version of the C1 platform is used to underpin the following vehicles:
- 2018 and newer Chevrolet Traverse (second generation)
- 2018 and newer Buick Enclave (second generation)
We also expect that the 2019 Cadillac XT6 will ride on the same long-wheelbase version of the C1 architecture.
We expect the 2019 GMC Acadia to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, second-generation GMC Acadia will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, and 2021 model years, with a refresh arriving for the 2020 model year. An all-new, future GMC Acadia will launch in the vicinity of the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2019 GMC Acadia in our GMC forum.
Follow our coverage of GMC Acadia news.
- 2019 GMC Acadia Black Edition
- 2019 GMC Acadia Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 GMC Acadia Colors
- 2019 GMC Acadia Order Guide