GM P2XX Vehicle Platform
P2XX is the name of a future global General Motors vehicle architecture designed to underpin full-size vehicles.
P2XX is a stretched, full-size, premium variant of GM’s front-drive mid-size E2XX platform. Whereas E2XX was developed to support midsize vehicles, P2XX will underpin full-size vehicles, thereby being a direct replacement for GM’s Super Epsilon platform.
The P2XX platform has several notable elements, including:
- Front-engined, transversely-mounted layout
- A four wheel independent suspension system
- Front- and all-wheel-drive applications
- Long wheelbase for full-size vehicles
- Lighter weight than Super Epsilon
- Premium-level driving dynamics
|TYPE:||UNIBODY WELDED STEEL BODY|
|SUPPORTED VEHICLE TYPE:||CAR|
|LAYOUT:||FRONT-ENGINE, FWD AND AWD|
P2XX will support four-cylinder Ecotec and six-cylinder GM engines.
- 2016 Buick LaCrosse and possible Opel-Vauxhall flagship sedan above the Insignia range
- 2017/2018 Chevrolet Impala