General Motors Rayong Powertrain Plant
The GM Rayong Powertrain plant, otherwise known as the GM Rayong Engine plant, is located in the city of Rayong, Province of Rayong, Thailand. It currently produces various engines for local and domestic markets.
- Opened: 2011
- Operations: engine assembly
- Facility size: 54,275 m2 (13.41 Acres)
Eastern Seaboard Industrial Estate 111/4 Moo 4
Pluakdaeng, Rayong. 21140 Thailand
- Telefone: +66-033-0476-99
- Employee information: TBD
- Annual production capacity: TBD
The GM Rayong Engine plant was built about a decade after the GM Rayong Assembly plant. The two plants share the same plot of land yet have slightly different physical addresses.
The GM Rayong Engine plant serves as a regional hub for powertrain production, both for the domestic Thai market as well as for export. The factory produces the following propulsion systems:
- 2.5L Duramax XLD25 turbo-diesel engine
- 2.8L Duramax XLD28 turbo-diesel engine
- 2.8L Duramax LWN turbo-diesel engine