GM Baby Duramax Engines
A baby Duramax engine is the unofficial name of diesel engines produced by General Motors that are smaller than the “genuine” 6.6L Duramax diesel engines, which carry production codes LML, LGH or L5P.
As such, a “baby Duramax” could be any of the following GM diesel engines:
- 2.8L I-4 Duramax Diesel LWN offered in the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon
- 3.0L I-6 Duramax Diesel that will go into production in the 2019 Silverado 1500 and 2019 Sierra 1500
- 4.5L V-8 Duramax Diesel LMK that was developed and was slated to go into the 2010 Silverado 1500 and 2010 Sierra 1500, but never went into production
- 2.0L I-4 Diesel LUZ that was used in the first-generation Chevrolet Cruze EcoDiesel (2014-2015 model years)
- 1.6L I-4 Diesel LH7 that is used in the second-generation Chevrolet Cruze Diesel