Future Chevrolet Tahoe
We expect the next, fifth-generation Chevrolet Tahoe to reach the market for the 2020 model year. Until then, we expect the current, fourth-generation Tahoe to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the next Chevrolet Tahoe. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
- What: an all-new Chevrolet Tahoe full-size SUV that will represent the fifth generation of the nameplate, becoming the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe
- When: we expect the next Tahoe to launch in the 2020 calendar year as a 2020-2021 model year vehicle
- Why: an all-new Tahoe will ensure Chevy’s leading position in the full-size SUV space
- Where: sold in all current markets where the Tahoe is currently sold, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and the Middle East
Following are our expectations about the future Chevrolet Tahoe:
- Based on the new GM T1 platform, delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering
- Significantly lighter than the fourth-generation model, by as much 300 pounds (136 kilograms)
- All-new exterior and interior designs
- Improved third-row configuration and usability
- Inclusion of next-generation MyLink infotainment system
- Increased amounts of luxury, comfort and convenience
- Potential addition of an independent rear suspension, possibly as an option
- Inclusion of the GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology
We expect the upcoming future Chevy Tahoe to continue being available as a full-size SUV. An extended-wheelbase model will continue being available as the future Chevrolet Suburban.
We expect that the starting price of the next Tahoe will grow from the $47,000 price tag of the current, fourth-generation model.
We expect the next-gen Chevy Tahoe to ride on GM’s T1 platform shared with future GM full-size pickup trucks and SUVs, including:
- Next Chevrolet Silverado
- Next Chevrolet Suburban
- Next GMC Sierra
- Next GMC Yukon/Yukon XL
- Next Cadillac Escalade/Escalade ESV
We expect the next Chevy Tahoe to feature the following engine choices:
- A twin-turbo V-6 engine, such as the Twin-Turbo 3.0L V-6 LGW or Twin-Turbo 3.6L V-6 LF3
- One or two Small-Block V-8 engines, such as the 5.3L V-8 L84 or the 6.2L V-8 L87
We expect that the next Tahoe will be offered with either the GM 8-speed transmission or the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission.
The future Chevrolet Tahoe will have the following competitors:
- Ford Expedition
- Toyota Sequoia
- Nissan Armada/Patrol
Before The All-New Model
Before the all-new future Chevy Tahoe reaches the market, we expect the current fourth-generation Tahoe to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements. See information about the current-generation Tahoe by using the following links:
- 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe
Discuss the next Chevy Tahoe in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Tahoe news.