Future Buick LaCrosse
We expect the next, fourth-generation Buick LaCrosse to launch on or after the 2023 model year. Until then, we expect the current, fourth-generation LaCrosse to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements during its lifecycle.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the next Buick LaCrosse. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Buick.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
|Last redesigned model year:||2017 (third generation)|
|Last midcycle refresh/MCE model year:||none currently|
|Expected redesign model year:||2023 (fourth generation)|
|Expected name:||Buick LaCrosse|
|Current platform:||GM E2 platform|
|Future platform:||GM VSS-F platform|
|Layout:||FF (front-engined, front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive)|
|Current body styles:||full-size four-door sedan|
|Future body styles:||full-size four-door sedan|
|Expected gasoline engines:||turbo-charged I-4, naturally-aspirated V-6, possible hybrid electric|
|Expected transmissions:||9-speed automatic|
- What: an all-new Buick LaCrosse full-size sedan that will represent the fourth generation of the nameplate, after the third-gen LaCrosse was introduced for the 2017 model year
- When: we expect the next Buick LaCrosse to launch in the 2022-2023 calendar year timeframe as a 2023 model year vehicle
- Why: an all-new LaCrosse will ensure Buick’s presence in the premium full-size segment
- Where: sold in all current markets where Buick currently has a business presence, including the United States, Canada, Mexico and China
Following are our expectations about the future Buick LaCrosse:
- Based on the new GM VSS-F vehicle set, delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering
- All-new exterior design, available in four-door sedan body style
- All-new interior design
- Improved interior comfort and convenience
- Inclusion of next-generation IntelliLink infotainment system
- Introduction of more GM Active Safety features and technologies
- Introduction of all-new powertrain range
We expect the upcoming future Buick LaCrosse to continue being available as a full-size four-door sedan.
We expect the next Buick LaCrosse to have similar pricing as the current, third-gen model, and start in the mid-$35,000 range.
We expect the next-gen Buick LaCrosse to ride on the GM VSS-F platform (vehicle set strategy – front) shared with all future front-drive GM vehicles.
We expect the next Buick LaCrosse to feature an all-new powertrain range, including all-new engines and transmissions.
It is currently unclear where the next Buick LaCrosse for the North American market will be assembled. However, the Chinese model will definitely be assembled in China. The current, third-generation model is assembled by GM USA at the GM Detroit-Hamtramck factory in Michigan.
The future Buick LaCrosse will have various competitors in the premium full-size sedan segment, including:
- Volvo S90
- Acura RDX
- Lexus ES
Before The All-New Model
Before the all-new future Buick LaCrosse reaches the market, we expect the current third-generation LaCrosse to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements throughout its lifecycle, along with a potential mid-cycle enhancement or facelift. See information about the current-generation LaCrosse by using the following links:
- 2010 Buick LaCrosse (introduction of second-gen model)
- 2011 Buick LaCrosse
- 2012 Buick LaCrosse
- 2013 Buick LaCrosse
- 2014 Buick LaCrosse
- 2015 Buick LaCrosse
- 2016 Buick LaCrosse
- 2017 Buick LaCrosse (introduction of third-gen model)
- 2018 Buick LaCrosse
- 2019 Buick LaCrosse
Discuss the next Buick LaCrosse in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of Buick LaCrosse news.