2018 Chevrolet Volt Changes, Updates, New Features
The Chevy Volt gets a number of changes, new features and updates for the 2018 model year (for the U.S. market).
Starting on the outside, the 2018 Chevy Volt loses four exterior colors while gaining three news ones:
- Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color
- Citron Green Metallic exterior color
- Heather Gray Metallic exterior color
- Pepperdust Metallic exterior color
- Green Mist Metallic exterior color
- Satin Steel Metallic exterior color
- Cajun Red Tintcoat exterior color
What’s more, the 2018 Chevy sees a new optional Driver Confidence Package that includes:
The package is available only on the LT trim level, since the Premier trim level gets Automatic Park Assist as standard equipment.
In addition, the Volt LT gets the Bose Premium sound system as standard equipment. We have been informed that this is incorrect and that the Bose sound system is an option on the 2018 Volt. And, in what appears to be a cost-cutting measure for the LT trim level of the 2018 Volt is the replacement of the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob with vinyl counterparts; a leather shift knob and steering wheel are still available through the optional Comfort Package.
Rounding out the changes to the 2018 Volt is a new heated steering wheel, which now automatically turns on when the heated seats are activated. Lastly, the California-only ULEV125 emissions certification gets deleted.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Following are GM’s official RPO-level changes to the 2018 Chevy Volt:
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (GA1) Citron Green Metallic exterior color
- (GA6) Heather Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GMU) Pepperdust Metallic exterior color
- (NUF) California ULEV125 emissions
- (G9A) Green Mist Metallic exterior color
- (G9K) Satin Steel Metallic exterior color
- (GPJ) Cajun Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (UD7) Rear Park Assist; available on LT through the available (V7Z) LT Driver Confidence Package
- (V7Z) LT Driver Confidence Package, includes (UD7) Rear Park Assist, (UFG) Rear Cross-Traffic Alert and (UKC) Side Blind Zone Alert
- Steering wheel and shift knob on LT model are now vinyl (NK5/KI2); leather-wrapped versions available through the (PDB) Comfort Package
- Heated steering wheel RPO changed to KI3 from UVD; automatically turns on when heated seats are activated
- (UQA) Bose premium speaker system is now standard on LT