2021 Chevrolet Traverse
We expect the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse to receive a midcycle enhancement, otherwise known as an update or facelift, representing the fourth model year of the second-generation Traverse.
Expected Changes, Updates, New Features
Here’s what we expect for the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse:
- New front and rear fascias
- Improvements to interior, particularly to the cockpit
- Introduction of more USB ports throughout the cabin
- New exterior colors
- Changes to equipment groups and packages
Coming soon: See detailed 2021 Chevrolet Traverse changes, updates and new features here: 2021 Traverse change log.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2021 Chevrolet Traverse will continue to be offered as a full-size four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with three rows of seating.
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Traverse, the 2021 Traverse continues to ride on the long-wheelbase variant of the GM C1 platform (or “Chi”) shared most directly with 2018 and newer Buick Enclave (second generation).
A shorter version of the C1 platform is used to underpin the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer Cadillac XT5 (first generation)
- 2018 and newer GMC Acadia (second generation)
- 2019 and newer Chevrolet Blazer
- 2020 and newer Cadillac XT6 (first generation)
- 2020 and newer Chevrolet Blazer XL / three-row Blazer
- 2020 and newer “baby” Buick Enclave (China market)
We expect the 2021 Chevy Traverse to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch at the end of the second quarter of the 2020 calendar year or the beginning of the third quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Traverse will remain in production for at least the 2021, 2022, 2023 and probably the 2024 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevrolet Traverse will launch in the vicinity of the 2024 model year.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Traverse in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevy Traverse news.[/toggle]