2017 Chevrolet Traverse Chassis, Suspension & Brakes
The 2017 Chevrolet Traverse was engineered to deliver a smooth, quiet, and controlled ride with effortless steering and brake feel — attributes that provide customers with daily driving confidence. These driving characteristics are enabled by the capable Lambda chassis and FE2 suspension that consists of:
- A welded steel unibody frame
- Coil-over-type independent front suspension
- H-arm rear suspension
- Electric power steering
- StabiliTrak stability control system
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-wheel ABS
- Available all-wheel-drive
The FE2 Ride and Handling suspension package is standard across all trim levels of the 2017 Traverse. The front suspension is comprised of a coil-over-strut setup, while the rear suspension is a linked H-arm setup.
Electric Power Steering
The 2017 Traverse comes standard with electric constant-effort power steering.
Variable-assist power steering is available an an upgrade on the 1LT (1LT) trim level when equipped with the Style and Technology Package (PDU) and is standard on the Premier (1LZ) trim level.
The electric power steering system delivers the following advantages over the constant-assist system:
- Reduces steering effort at low speeds
- Enhances fuel efficiency as a result of not requiring energy used by what is typically an engine-driven feature
- Eliminates the maintenance associated with hydraulic power steering
Short Turning Radius
The 2017 Traverse has a short turning radius of 40.4 feet (12.3 meters), enabling easier turning in tight areas such as city streets or backing a trailer into its spot.
The 2017 Traverse features GM’s StabiliTrak electronic stability control system with Hill Start Assist and rollover mitigation technology.
Four-Wheel Disc Brakes
Four-wheel disc brakes and four-wheel antilock braking system are standard on the 2017 Traverse.