2021 Chevrolet Tahoe
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe will be overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered), introducing an all-new fifth-generation model.
We initially expected the redesign to take place for the 2020 model year, but that will now take place for 2021 instead.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations about the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe:
- Based on the new GM T1 platform, delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering
- Significantly lighter than the fourth-generation model, by as much 300 pounds (136 kilograms)
- All-new exterior and interior designs
- Improved third-row configuration and usability
- Introduction of third-generation Chevrolet infotainment system
- Increased amounts of luxury, comfort and convenience
- Addition of an independent rear suspension
- Introduction of new engine lineup mated to the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission
- Introduction of front air curtains as new aerodynamic tech (more info on Tahoe air curtains)
- Introduction of the GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology
- Introduction of quad exhaust pipes, at least on some models/trims
The 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe will to continue being offered as a full-size five-door SUV. An extended-length variant will be available as the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban.
Powertrain (Engines & Transmissions)
|Market||Manufacturer||Brand||Model||Engine||Aspiration||Drive||Transmission||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)|
|North America||General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Tahoe||2.7L I4 L3B||Turbocharged||RWD or 4WD||8-speed auto||310 / 231 @ 5600||348 / 471 @ 1500|
|North America||General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Tahoe||5.3L V8 L84 EcoTec3||Atmospheric||RWD or 4WD||10-speed auto||355 / 265 @ 5600||383 / 518 @ 4100|
|North America||General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Tahoe||6.2L V8 L87 EcoTec3||Atmospheric||RWD or 4WD||10-speed auto MQB||420 / 313 @ 5600||460 / 624 @ 4100|
|North America||General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Tahoe||3.0L I6 LM2||Turbo Diesel||RWD or 4WD||10-speed auto MQE||280 hp (expected)||440 lb-ft (expected)|
|Russia/CIS||General Motors Company||Chevrolet||Tahoe||6.2L V8 L87 EcoTec3||Atmospheric||RWD or 4WD||10-speed auto MQB||420 / 313 @ 5600||460 / 624 @ 4100|
2021 Tahoe Retail & Fleet Models:
- 2WD (TBD)
- 4WD (TBD)
2021 Tahoe PPV & SSV Models:
- 2WD 9C1 (TBD)
- 4WD 9C1 and 5W4 (TBD)
- 9C1 Identifier – PPV
- 5W4 Identifier – Special Service Vehicle
2021 Tahoe Retail & Fleet Trims:
- Fleet (1FL)
- LS (1LS)
- LT (1LT)
- Premier (1LZ)
2021 Tahoe PPV & SSV Models:
- PPV (9C1 1FL)
- Special Service (5W4 1FL)
Like all fifth-generation units of the Chevrolet Tahoe, the 2021 Tahoe will ride on the GM T1 platform shared with the 2021 Chevrolet Suburban, 2021 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL, as well as the 2021 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV. The same basic architecture was introduced by the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra.
We expect the 2021 Tahoe to be revealed in the fall of the 2019 calendar year and go on sale in the first half quarter of the 2020 calendar year.
We expect that the 2021 model year will be the first year of production for the fifth-gen Chevy Tahoe, and that the model will remain in production thru at least the 2026 model year. An all-new, next Chevy Tahoe will launch thereafter.
Discuss the 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevy Tahoe news.