2018 Chevrolet Tahoe Special Service Vehicle (SSV)
The Chevy Tahoe Special Service Vehicle (SSV) receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year.
The Tahoe SSV 4×4 is a special service variant of the Tahoe that, according to Chevrolet, delivers “a seamless combination of efficiency and versatility”.
Sold only to the police and government, the Tahoe SSV is powered by the 355-horsepower 5.3L V-8 L83 EcoTec3 engine sending power to all four wheels via 4×4/four-wheel-drive, enabling off-road patrols. A 1,670-pound payload capacity and a maximum towing capacity of 8,400 pounds enable the vehicle plenty of pulling power.
The Tahoe SSV is highlighted by:
- A reliable package that offers more than just peak performance:
- Cutting-edge safety features
- Interior room
- Impressive cargo capacity
- Efficient ownership costs
Standard features of the Tahoe SSV include:
- Safety and Security
- Air bags:
- Frontal and side-impact for driver and front passenger
- Head curtain side-impact for driver, right-front passenger and all rows in outboard seating positions
- StabiliTrak stability enhancement system
- Rear Vision Camera and Rear Park Assist
- Air bags:
- 5.3L V-8 L83 EcoTec3 engine with Active Fuel Management, Direct Injection, Variable Valve Timing and Flex Fuel capability making 355 horsepower (265 kW) @ 5600 rpm and 383 pound-feet of torque (518 N-m) @ 4100 rpm
- Covered by Chevrolet Complete Care with 2 scheduled maintenance visits within 2 years o4 24,000 miles
- Available Fleet Maintenance Credit
- 6-speed automatic transmission with overdrive with Tow/Haul mode
- 4-wheel disc antilock brake system with power assist
- 170-amp high-output alternator
- 720 CCA primary battery with rundown protection
- 730-CCA isolated auxiliary battery
- Active 2-speed transfer case
- Heavy-duty trailering equipment
- Front 40/20/40 individual power 10-way driver and 6-way passenger seats; front center seat delete available
- Second-row 60/40 manually-operated split-folding bench seat
- Vinyl floor covering
- 150-mph certified speedometer and Driver Information Center
- 4 auxiliary power outlets
- 110 volt under dash power outlet
- AM/FM stereo with CD player, auxiliary input jack and USB port
- Bluetooth for phone
- 120-amp power supply with four 30-amp circuits; primary battery, relay controlled, passenger compartment harness wiring
- 100-amp power supply in rear cargo area, 50-amp passenger compartment wiring harness from auxiliary battery
- P255/70R17 all-season tires with full-size spare tire
Some optional features include:
- Spot lamps, driver and passenger
- Grille lamps and siren speaker wiring
- Horn/siren circuit wiring
- Inoperative inside rear-door handles, locks and window switches
- Common fleet keyed alike
- Max Trailering Package plus integrated trailer brake controller
- Off-road suspension and tires
- Power adjustable pedals
- 17” Aluminum Wheels
Note: refer to the 2018 Tahoe order guide for complete details.
The 2018 Chevy Tahoe Special Service Vehicle receives the following changes, updates, and new features for the 2018 model year:
- Deletion of Champagne Silver Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Satin Steel Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert to Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Addition of various standard and optional features:
- Addition of steering wheel-mounted audio, cruise and Driver Information Center controls as standard; the features were not available for the 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe SSV
- Replacement of single-color Driver Information Center with 4.2-inch diagonal multi-color Driver Information Center as standard equipment; it was not available for the 2017 model year Tahoe SSV
- Addition of HD Radio as standard; it was not available for the 2017 Chevy Tahoe SSV
- Replacement of IO3 AM/FM stereo with CD player with IO5 Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 8-inch diagonal color touch-screen as standard; the IO5 radio was not available on the 1FL trim level in the 2017 Chevy Tahoe SSV
- Addition of LED Daytime Running Lamps as standard equipment
- Addition of Enhanced Driver Alert Package as an option with the 1FL trim level; the package was not available for the 2017 model year Tahoe 1FL, and includes:
See complete 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe SSV changes, updates, new features.
The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe SSV continues to be offered as a full-size four-door SUV. An extended-length model is available as the Chevrolet Suburban, but that model is not available in the SSV configuration.
Like all fourth-generation units of the Chevrolet Tahoe, the 2018 Tahoe SSV continues to ride on GM’s GMT K2 platform shared with the Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade ESV. The same basic architecture is also used by the Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra.
Follow this link for the 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe SSV order guide.