2020 Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado gets the following changes:
- Minor updates to the Light Duty Silverado 1500 model
- A complete overhaul (redesign and re-engineering) of the Heavy Duty Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD
- Minor updates to the Medium Duty Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD and 6500HD models
An all-new, fourth-generation Silverado Light Duty was released for the 2019 model year. As such, the 2020 Silverado LD gets a few minor changes and updates:
- Model Line:
- No changes
- Deletion of Oakwood Metallic color
- Introduction of Vertical Trailering Mirrors
- 17-inch bright silver painted aluminum wheels (Q5U) are now free flow on 1WT (Work Truck)
- Addition of 22-inch carbon flash metallic wheels as LPO (dealer-installed) option
- Addition of 22-inch Bright Chrome wheels as LPO (dealer-installed) option
- Introduction of Adaptive Cruise Control
- HD Surround Vision is replaced with HD Surround Vision with Two Trailer Camera Provisions, delivering an available 15 unique camera views to make trailering more convenient whether pulling a camper or a large cargo trailer.
- New availability of smart trailer technology allowing access to select features of the iN-Command Control System from ASA Electronics through the myChevrolet mobile app, either on compatible Android and iOS smartphones or through the in-vehicle trailering app on the vehicle’s infotainment system via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto compatibility.
- 10-speed automatic transmission replaces 8-speed automatic transmission on 4WD High Country models with 5.3L V8 L84 EcoTec3 engine and on LT Trail Boss model with the 5.3L V8 L84 EcoTec3 engine
- Expanded availability of 6.2L V8 L87 EcoTec3 engine, now available on TrailBoss Custom, Trail Boss LT and RST 4WD
- Introduction of Performance Upgrade Package for 6.2L V8 L87 engine that adds a performance air intake and cat-back performance exhaust system, raising output to 435 horsepower and 469 pound-feet torque
- Launch of 3.0L I6 LM2 turbo-diesel Duramax engine making 277 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque
- Deletion of High Country Premium Package
- Deletion of WT Appearance Package
- New availability of Texas Edition on Silverado RST
- Technology Package now includes Bed View Camera
- WT Convenience Package now available with pickup bed delete
- Tire Pressure Monitor System changed to Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors
Silverado HD (2500HD, 3500HD)
Completely overhauled (redesigned and re-engineered) from the ground up for the 2020 model year on the GM T1 platform.
Silverado Medium Duty (4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD)
- Model line:
- New airbags
- Addition of traction control
- Addition of high idle switch
- Power Take Off (PTO) now has access on left hand side and right hand side
2020 Chevrolet Silverado Lineup
|Category:||Light Duty||Heavy Duty||Heavy Duty||Medium Duty||Medium Duty||Medium Duty|
|Model:||Silverado 1500||Silverado 2500HD||Silverado 3500HD||Silverado 4500HD||Silverado 5500HD||Silverado 6500HD|
- The 2020 Silverado Light Duty rides on the GM T1 platform shared most directly with the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500. The same basic architecture is also used on the 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe/2020 Chevrolet Suburban, 2020 GMC Yukon, and 2020 Cadillac Escalade.
- The 2020 Silverado Heavy Duty rides on a more capable version of the same GM T1 platform
- The 2020 Silverado Medium Duty rides on a platform jointly developed by GM and Navistar
The 2020 Silverado is assembled at the following factories:
- GM Flint Assembly in Flint, Michigan, USA (LD and HD)
- GM Fort Wayne Assembly in Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA (LD)
- GM Silao Assembly in Silao, Mexico (LD)
The Silverado Medium Duty 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD are built at the Navistar Springfield plant in Springfield, Ohio, United States.
The 2020 Silverado is available as follows:
- 2020 Silverado 1500 – third quarter 2019 launch (carry-over model with some changes)
- 2020 Silverado HD – second quarter 2019 launch (all-new model)
- 2020 Silverado MD – second quarter 2019 launch (carry-over model with some changes)
We expect the following future for the Silverado beyond the 2020 model year:
- The light-duty Silverado 1500, in its fourth generation as of the 2019 model year, should remain in production thru the 2025 model year
- The heavy-duty Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD, in their fourth generation as of the 2020 model year, should remain in production thru the 2026 model year
- The medium-duty Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD, and 6500HD, now in their first generation, should remain in production thru the 2027 model year
An all-new, next Chevy Silverado will launch after the aforementioned models reach the end of their respective lifecycles.
Discuss the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevy Silverado news.
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado Lineup