2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
Depending on the model, the 2019 Silverado will be offered in various powertrain configurations.
2019 Silverado 1500 Powertrain
Although complete details about the 2019 Silverado 1500 powertrain are currently not available, the truck will likely be offered with the following choices:
- Rumored new naturally-aspirated six-cylinder gasoline (TBA)
- Rumored new turbo-charged four-cylinder gasoline (TBA)
- Confirmed upgraded 5.3L V-8 gasoline (details TBA)
- Confirmed upgraded 6.2L V-8 gasoline (details TBA)
- Rumored hybrid gasoline (TBA)
- 3.0L Duramax I-6 diesel (confirmed)
- 8-speed automatic expected on base models (TBA)
- 10-speed automatic confirmed for 3.0L diesel and 6.2L V-8 gasoline
We will narrow down details as Chevrolet releases more information on the model.
2019 Silverado Heavy Duty 2500HD & 3500HD Powertrain
The 2019 Silverado Heavy Duty 2500HD and 3500HD models are expected to retain the same powertrain as the 2017 and 2018 models. We will confirm that this is the case in the second quarter of 2018.
- 6-speed heavy-duty automatic MYD with L96 V-8 gasoline
- 6-speed heavy-duty Allison automatic MW7 with L5P diesel
2019 Silverado Medium Duty 4500HD & 5500HD Powertrain
Chevrolet has stated that the 2019 Silverado Medium Duty models, consisting of the Silverado 4500HD and Silverado 5500HD, will be powered by a Duramax diesel engine and an Allison transmission. Complete details on the powertrain combination will be announced on March 6, 2018.
- Expected 6.6L Duramax V-8 L5P diesel (details TBA)
- Allison transmission (details TBA)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Engines
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Transmissions