2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Chevrolet will completely overhaul (redesign and re-engineer) the Silverado 1500 for the 2019 model year. The update will come six years after the launch of the current, third-generation Silverado, thereby marking the fourth generation of the Silverado nameplate.
|Launch calendar year:||2018|
|Launch model year:||2019|
|Name:||Chevrolet Silverado 1500|
|Segment:||Light Duty/1500 Pickup Truck|
|Predecessor:||2014-2018 Chevrolet Silverado (will remain in production)|
|Engines:||Various 6- and 8-cylinder gasoline; 6-cylinder turbo-diesel possible|
|Transmission:||GM 8- and 10-speed automatic|
|Production:||U.S.A and Mexico|
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Chevrolet announced that the 2019 Silverado 1500 is the result of 7,000 customer interviews, the most research in Chevrolet’s history. The brand has confirmed the following about the 2019 Silverado 1500:
- Introduce an all all-new exterior design, incorporating the latest Chevrolet design language
- Feature widespread use of mixed materials and higher-grade alloy steel in the bed, resulting in a “significant weight reduction” and improved performance (improved overall performance and higher fuel economy); the material use could be similar to the advanced mixed material frame seen in the Cadillac CT6
- Offer a total of eight Silverado models, one of which is the 2019 Silverado Trailboss
- Utilize integrated dual exhaust on some models along with a debossed tailgate
- Feature more engine/transmission combinations and more technology and convenience features
We expect the 2019 Silverado 1500 to feature the following:
- All-new platform consisting of GM’s next-generation GMT T1 platform
- All-new interior design, incorporating the latest best practices and higher-grade materials
- Revamped technologies, including many items sought for by many in the third-generation Silverado such keyless open, push-button start, and more
- Improvements to the powertrain lineup, including:
- The EcoTec3 line of naturally-aspirated V-6 and V-8 gasoline engines will likely remain, as will the hybrid-electric eAssist model
- A turbo-charged six-cylinder gasoline engine and turbo-diesel six-cylinder engine are likely
- GM’s new 10-speed transmission family co-developed with Ford will be offered alongside the existing 8-speed automatic
- Expected: lighter weight, improved fuel economy, towing and payload ratings
- Potential use of carbon fiber on some models
- Improved refinement, NVH and convenience levels
- Introduce a new Silverado Cheyenne model
The current-generation, K2 Silverado will remain in production alongside the all-new model for one or two models years.
Chevrolet has confirmed that the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will go on sale in the United States in late 2018.
The Silverado 1500 will be offered in eight different models, one of which is the Silverado Z71 Trailboss.
We expect the upcoming 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 truck to have a base price in the $25,000 range for the work truck configuration and reach as much as $65,000 for the range-topping model.
On Saturday, December 16th, Chevrolet truck owners were invited to the Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas, Texas for the Centennial Celebration of Chevy Trucks. The event – one hundred years in the making – celebrated Chevy’s 100 years of truck building. That’s what attendees were there for. But what they didn’t know is that they would be the first people in the world to see the all-new Silverado.
With surprise and excitement in the air during, the 2019 Silverado was introduced in the most spectacular of ways – by being helicoptered into the speedway’s infield and then driven off to pose in front of the audience. Watch the 2019 Silverado live reveal video, which stars and is narrated by Alan Batey, GM North America President and Global President of Chevrolet.
The 2019 Silverado 1500 is expected have a lot in common with the 2019 GMC Sierra, including the architecture, powertrain lineup, and more. Exterior styling will likely be substantially different between the two models, while cabin design will likely be common between both vehicles, with the biggest difference being lighting color and differences in materials.
The 2019 Silverado 1500 will be assembled at the following plants:
The GM Oshawa Assembly plant in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada will not build the all-new, fourth-generation Silverado 1500. Instead, it will continue making the last-, third-generation model.
Light duty pickup trucks are used in a multitude of ways, ranging from personal and recreational to commercial, government and construction.
Follow our coverage of:
Discuss the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 in our Chevrolet forum.
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Colors