2019 Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado is expected to receive a complete overhaul for the 2019 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
We expect the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 to be completely overhauled, consisting of a redesign and re-engineering. The update will come six years after the launch of the current, third-generation Silverado, thereby marking the fourth generation of the Silverado nameplate.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500:
- All-new platform consisting of GM’s next-generation GMT T1 platform
- All-new exterior design, incorporating the latest Chevrolet design language and widespread use of aluminum and mixed materials, similar to the Cadillac CT6, resulting in a lower curb weight, helping improve fuel economy and overall performance
- All-new interior design, incorporating the latest best practices and improved materials
- Revamped technologies, including many items sought for by many in the third-generation Silverado, including keyless open, push-button start, and more
- Improvements to the powertrain lineup, including:
- The EcoTec3 line of naturally-aspirated V-6 and V-8 gasoline engines will likely remain, as will the hybrid-electric eAssist model
- A turbo-charged six-cylinder gasoline engine and turbo-diesel six-cylinder engine are possible
- All-new transmission, likely consisting of GM’s new 10-speed transmission family co-developed with Ford
- Lighter weight, improved fuel economy, towing and payload ratings
- Improved refinement, NVH and convenience levels
As per tradition, the 2019 Silverado is expected have a lot in common with the 2019 GMC Sierra, including the architecture, powertrain lineup, and more. Exterior styling will likely be substantially different between the two models, while cabin design will likely be common between both vehicles, with the biggest difference being lighting color and differences in materials
We expect the 2019 Chevy Silverado HD family, consisting of Silverado 2500HD and Silverado 3500HD, to carry over from the 2018 model year, perhaps with a few minor changes to colors, equipment, or option packages. The Silverado HD will adopt the T1 platform and design of the 2019 Silverado 1500 after the 2019 model year, likely in time for the 2021 model year.
The all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 will continue being offered as a full-size pickup truck with various cab configurations, including:
- Cabs: single, double and crew cabs
- Beds: short and long beds
Meanwhile, the 2019 Silverado HD will continue being offered as a heavy-duty variant with double or crew cabs, and either a standard or short box.
The 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 is expected to ride on GM’s new T1 platform.
The 2019 Silverado will continue competing in the full-size mainstream pickup truck space with the following vehicles:
- Ford F-Series
- Ram Truck
- Toyota Tundra
- Nissan Titan
- GM’s own GMC Sierra
- Honda Ridgeline
We expect that the 2019 Silverado 1500 will be assembled at the GM Fort Wayne, Indiana plant as well as at theGM Oshawa plant in Canada.
The all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will be available across the Americas, including North and South America. Introduction in other markets is possible.
We expect the all-new 2019 Silverado 1500 will go on sale in the United States in late 2018 or in the beginning of the 2019 calendar year.
Our expectations that the Silverado will be completely redesigned and re-engineered are based on several instances of spy shots.
- January 2017: the first spy shots of the 2019 Silverado 1500, in which the prototype was camouflaged to look like a Ford truck
- February 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied winter testing
- March 2017: the 2019 Silverado 1500 was spied in California
- April 2017: the interior of the 2019 Silverado 1500 was caught on camera
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks