2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 line of light-duty full-size pickup trucks receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year — the fifth model year of the third-generation Silverado.
The 2018 Silverado 1500 sees the following changes, updates and new features:
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Deletion of LS Convenience Package
- Replacement of 4-speaker audio system by 6-speaker audio system as standard across all trim levels
- Replacement of AM/FM radio with 4.2-inch diagonal color display with Chevrolet MyLink 7-inch screen on Work Truck models
- Addition of new box side decals on Z71 and 4×4 models
- Inclusion of Rear Vision Camera as standard equipment on all models (was available on 1WT, 1LS and 1CX on 2017 Silverado)
- This results in the removal of the Rear Vision Camera from the WT Convenience Package
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert in Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Expanded availability of 110-volt power outlet as a free-flow option on 1LS (was part of LS Convenience Package on 2017 Silverado)
- Inclusion of OnStar and Sirius XM Satellite Radio on Custom Convenience Package
See complete 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 changes, updates and new features.
The 2018 Silverado 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and box configurations.
- Three cabs:
- Regular Cab
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
- Three beds:
- Short Box
- Standard Box
- Long Box
The 2018 Silverado 1500 is available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard; 4WD is optional.
Like all third-generation units of the Chevy Silverado, the 2018 Silverado 1500 continues to ride on GM’s GMT K2 platform shared with the GMC Sierra. The same basic architecture is also used by the Chevrolet Tahoe, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Yukon and GMC Yukon XL.