2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The Chevrolet Silverado 1500 line of light-duty full-size pickup trucks receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year — the fifth model year of the third-generation Silverado.
The 2018 Silverado 1500 sees the following changes, updates and new features:
- Deletion of two exterior colors
- Addition of two exterior colors
- Deletion of LS Convenience Package
- Replacement of 4-speaker audio system by 6-speaker audio system as standard across all trim levels
- Replacement of AM/FM radio with 4.2-inch diagonal color display with Chevrolet MyLink 7-inch screen on Work Truck models
- Addition of new box side decals on Z71 and 4×4 models
- Inclusion of Rear Vision Camera as standard equipment on all models (was available on 1WT, 1LS and 1CX on 2017 Silverado)
- This results in the removal of the Rear Vision Camera from the WT Convenience Package
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert in Tire Pressure Monitoring system
- Expanded availability of 110-volt power outlet as a free-flow option on 1LS (was part of LS Convenience Package on 2017 Silverado)
- Inclusion of OnStar and Sirius XM Satellite Radio on Custom Convenience Package
See complete 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 changes, updates and new features.
The 2018 Silverado 1500 is available as a light-duty full-size pickup truck with several cab and box configurations.
- Three cabs:
- Regular Cab
- Double Cab
- Crew Cab
- Three beds:
- Short Box
- Standard Box
- Long Box
The 2018 Silverado 1500 is available in 2WD (rear-wheel-drive) as standard; 4WD is optional.
Like all third-generation units of the Chevy Silverado, the 2018 Silverado 1500 continues to ride on GM’s GMT K2 platform shared with the third-generation GMC Sierra. The same basic architecture is also used by the following vehicles:
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Lineup