2018 Chevrolet Impala
The Chevrolet Impala full-size sedan gets various updates and changes for the 2018 model year, marking the fifth year that the tenth-generation model is on the market.
The 2018 Chevy Impala gets many changes and updates, including new exterior colors, new standard features, and revisions to its equipment groups.
- Deletion of Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color
- Addition of three new exterior colors
- Deletion of 19-inch aluminum wheels
- Deletion of LPO/accessory-level Appearance Package
- Deletion of Protection Package
- Addition of Sunroof and Spoiler Package available on LT models with the 3.6L V-6 LFX engine
- Addition of various standard features across all trim levels
- Various changes to the various packages and equipment groups, including:
See complete 2018 Chevy Impala updates and changes.
The 2019 Chevy Impala continues to be offered only as a full-size four-door sedan.
Like all tenth-generation units of the Chevrolet Impala, the 2018 Impala continues to ride on a long-wheelbase variant of the GM Epsilon II platform called Super Epsilon. The architecture is shared with the second-generation Buick LaCrosse and first-generation Cadillac XTS. A short wheelbase of the Epsilon architecture underpinned the eighth-generation Chevrolet Malibu and fifth-generation Buick Regal.
The 2018 Chevy Impala is assembled at the following two plants for global markets:
- GM Detroit-Hamtramck factory in Detroit, Michigan USA (GM USA)
- GM Oshawa factory in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada (GM Canada)
The 2018 Impala to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and be available for purchase at dealers in the third quarter of the 2017 calendar year.
We expect that the tenth-generation Impala will stick around for the 2019 and 2020 model years. After that, we expect the full-size sedan to be replaced with an all-new, next Impala riding on the GM E2 platform shared with the third-generation Buick LaCrosse. However, certain comments by GM executives have recently put the Impala’s future into question.
- 2018 Chevrolet Impala Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2018 Chevrolet Impala Lineup
- 2018 Chevrolet Impala Order Guide