2019 Chevrolet Equinox
The Chevrolet Equinox receives various minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are the highlights of the changes, updates and new features for the 2019 Chevy Equinox:
- Introduction of two exterior colors:
- Pacific Blue Metallic
- Kinetic Blue Metallic
- Upgrade of Surround Vision system to HD Surround Vision system
- Upgrade of Rear Vision Camera to HD Rear Vision Camera
- Replacement of Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system to Chevrolet Infotainment System
- Various changes to USB port availability
- Replacement of leather-wrapped shift lever with urethane shift lever on 1LT models and 2LT FWD
- Deletion of auxiliary 12-volt power outlet in the second row
- Removal of overhead sunglass storage as a standard feature on L or LS models
- LT models get multi-color driver instrument information, replacing the monochromatic driver instrument information on 2018 Chevrolet Equinox
- Introduction of two new active safety features:
- Adaptive full-speed cruise control with stop/go
- Front Pedestrian Braking
- Various fleet-specific changes, including:
- Introduction of two new fleet-specific equipment groups
- Introduction of new Fleet Safety Package
- Introduction of Remote Start on 1LS with a Fleet or Government order type
- Various changes to packages, their equipment and availability
- Various LPO-level changes (LPO is a dealer-installed accessory produced by GM)
See the complete list of 2019 Equinox changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Following were our expectations for the 2019 Chevy Equinox prior to its official unveiling:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No expected powertrain updates or changes
The 2019 Chevy Equinox continues to be offered in a single body style — a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (SUV).
Like all third-generation units of the Chevrolet Equinox, the 2019 Equinox continues to ride on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Cruze
- Chevrolet Volt / Buick Velite
- Buick Verano
- GMC Terrain
- Buick Envision
- Buick Cascada / Opel Cascada
- Opel Astra K / Vauxhall Astra K
For the Chinese market, the vehicle is produced by a Shanghai-GM factory in China.
We expect the 2019 Equinox to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that the third-generation Equinox will live on for at least five model years after the 2019 model year, and that an all-new, next Chevy Equinox will launch after the 2023 model year.
Discuss the Chevy Equinox in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Equinox news.
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox Order Guide