2020 Chevrolet Cruze
We expect the Chevrolet Cruze to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2020 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2020 Chevrolet Cruze. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
The Cruze received a midcycle enhancement (MCE), otherwise known as a facelift or refresh, for the 2019 model year (see more on 2019 Cruze). As such, we expect only minor changes and updates for the 2020 Cruze, including:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No expected powertrain updates or changes
The 2020 Chevy Cruze will continue to be offered in two body styles:
- Four-door sedan
- Four-door hatchback
Models & Trim Levels
Though it is certainly possible, we do not expect the 2020 Cruze to feature any changes to this model and trim level structure, from the 2019 Cruze, which is available in the following models and trim levels:
|Manufacturer||Brand||Model||Model Year||Trim Level||Body Style||Model Number|
We expect the 2020 Cruze to continue being offered with the same powertrain as the 2019 model.
2020 Cadillac XT6 - Weights Capacities Cargo Volume
|Curb Weight Premium Luxury FWD (lb. / kg):||4441 / 2014|
|Curb Weight Premium Luxury AWD (lb. / kg):||4644 / 2106|
|Curb Weight Sport AWD (lb. / kg):||4690 / 2127|
|Trailering Capacity (lb. / kg):||4000 / 1814|
|Cargo volume behind first row (cu. ft. / L)||78.7 / 2228|
|Cargo volume behind second row (cu. ft. / L)||43.1 / 1220|
|Cargo volume behind third row (cu. ft. / L)||12.6 / 356|
|Fuel tank capacity FWD (gal / L):||19 / 72|
|Fuel tank capacity AWD (gal / L):||22 / 83|
Like all second-generation units of the Chevrolet Cruze, the 2020 Cruze will continue to ride on the GM D2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Volt / Buick Velite
- Chevrolet Equinox
- Buick Verano
- Buick Excelle
- GMC Terrain
- Buick Envision
- Buick Cascada / Opel Cascada
- Opel Astra / Vauxhall Astra
For North American markets, the 2020 Chevy Cruze is assembled at the following two plants:
- Cruze sedan is assembled by GM USA at the GM Lordstown factory in Lordstown, Ohio
- Cruze hatchback is assembled by GM Mexico at the GM Ramos Arizpe factory in Ramos Arizpe, Coahuila
The Cruze is also assembled at the following plants for global markets:
- GM Gunsan plant in Gunsan, South Korea operated by GM Korea (shut down as part of GM Korea restructuring)
- GM Alvear plant in Rosario, Argentina operated by GM Argentina, part of GM South America, which was folded into GM International
- GM Norsom plant in China operated by GM China
The 2020 Cruze will likely follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the second-generation Cruze will live on thru at least the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, next Chevy Cruze will launch in the 2022-2023 model year timeframe, if GM/Chevrolet do not cancel the model in favor of crossover utility vehicles (CUVs).
Discuss the next Chevy Cruze in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Cruze news.