2018 Chevrolet Cruze Updates, Changes, New Features
The 2018 Chevy Cruze gets a few minor changes and updates for, the most notable of which is the introduction of the 1.6L turbo-diesel engine for the hatchback body style.
On the outside, the 2018 Cruze loses two exterior colors while gaining one new one:
- Orange Burst Metallic
- Tungsten Metallic
- Satin Steel Gray Metallic
What’s likely the biggest change is the addition of two trim levels to the Cruze Hatchback — the LT Diesel Manual Hatchback (model 1SG) and LT Diesel Automatic Hatchback (model 1SH), the new trims contain the 1.6L LH7 diesel engine mated to either a six-speed manual or nine-speed automatic transmission. Regardless of transmission, the Cruze Diesel makes 137 horsepower and 240 pound-feet of torque, delivering 52 MPG highway.
Lastly, the trial period of the OnStar Guidance Plan changes to Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service. This is a change in name and does not impact the features or functionality of the three-month trial period.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Following are GM’s official RPO-level changes and updates for the 2018 Chevrolet Cruze:
- (GGQ) Orange Burst Metallic exterior color
- (GXG) Tungsten Metallic exterior color
- (1SG) LT Diesel Manual Hatch equipment group and (1SH) LT Diesel Auto Hatch equipment group on 1BT68 model
- (G9K) Satin Steel Gray Metallic exterior color
- (UE1) OnStar changes from Guidance Plan for 3 months to Guidance Plan Limited Trial Service