2018 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
An ultra-high-performance ZR1 model is expected to join the 2018 Chevy Corvette C7 lineup for the 2018 model year, becoming the flagship of the C7 Corvette family.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
Though the ZR1 variant of the C7 Corvette has not been confirmed by General Motors or Chevrolet, evidence points to such a vehicle being in development.
We expect it to have the following general attributes:
- Lighter than C7 Stingray and Z06, possibly via extensive use of carbon fiber
- Supercharged engine possibly more powerful than the supercharged 6.2L LT4 V-8 that makes the 650 horsepower in the C7 Z06
- Faster and more capable on the track than C7 Corvette Z06
We have compiled the following evidence that the 2018 Corvette ZR1 is forthcoming:
- Trademark: General Motors filed a trademark application for ZR1 in May 2016, confirmed that GM is interested in making a vehicle with the name
- Various spy shots of a high-performance Corvette C7 undergoing testing, including:
- April 2017: C7 ZR1 logo spotted on the wheels of a ZR1 prototype
- April 2017: C7 ZR1 video undergoing testing on a track produces sounds of a supercharged vehicle
- April 2017: interesting exhaust system spotted on a C7 ZR1 prototype to muffle the noise
- April 2017: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted undergoing testing on the Nürburgring
- April 2017: C7 ZR1 Convertible spotted undergoing testing
- April 2017: C7 ZR1 gas guzzler tax spotted in ordering system
- March 2017: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted undergoing testing at Laguna Seca
- January 2017: mid-engined Corvette spotted undergoing testing alongside C7 ZR1
- January 2017: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted undergoing testing in the snow
- November 2016: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted with less camouflage
- October 2016: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted cloaked as a Viper ACR
- October 2016: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted in traffic jam
- October 2016: C7 ZR1 prototype spotted testing in Colorado
For more on the upcoming Corvette ZR1, check out our Corvette ZR1 news coverage.
2017 Corvette ZR1 specs are not available at this time, since the vehicle has not been confirmed nor released by GM or Chevrolet. We will update this page when the 2018 ZR1 specs become available.