2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Even though the “base” 2014 Corvette Stingray is a very capable vehicle, Chevrolet is expected to push the Corvette performance boundary even further with the 2015 Corvette Z06.
Here is some information we’ve gathered so far about the 2015 Corvette Z06. This page is a work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from Chevrolet/GM.
A an even more high-performance version of the already-capable Corvette C7.
The Corvette C7 story begins with the high-performing Stingray, and continues with the Z06. Other variants might follow. So while the Stingray already outperforms its direct competition, the Z06 is intended to deliver even higher levels of performance that will make even the most expensive exotic cars look slow.
The 2015 Corvette C7 Z06 will debut at the 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2014. A market launch in the the second quarter of 2014 is likely.
While official specifications will not be known until Chevy officially unveils the 2015 Z06, here’s what we expect from the vehicle:
- Supercharged V8 engine making 550-600 horsepower
- Details of the motor, including displacement, are currently unknown. The engine will be called LT4
- Wider body and improved aerodynamics
- The latest iteration of GM’s celebrated Magnetic Ride Control
- Ultra-high-performance brakes
- Contrary to opinion, it will not be called Z07