2020 Chevrolet Colorado
The Chevrolet Colorado is expected to receive a mid-cycle refresh for the 2020 model year consisting of updates to exterior, interior, technology and powertrain, representing the sixth model year of the second-generation Colorado.
A mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM speak. To note, we initially expected the Colorado refresh to arrive for the 2019 model year, which did not take place.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado and the Colorado refresh. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2020 Chevy Colorado refresh:
- Revised exterior styling similar to the Colorado ZR2 AEV concept
- Refreshed interior
- Changes to features and equipment group structure
- Introduction of the rumored ZR2 Colorado Bison variant to slot above the Colorado ZR2
- Possible addition of sunroof
- Possible addition of push-button start
- Possible addition of range-topping LTZ or High Country trim level
- Possible revision of engines, with the new GM 2.7L Turbo L3B inline-four cylinder engine joining the 3.6L V-6 LGY gasoline engine and 2.8L I-4 Duramax LWN diesel engine
- Possible addition of the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission on some models, trim levels and/or powertrain combinations
The 2020 Chevy Colorado will continue to be offered as a midsize pickup truck with the following cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab, Long Box
- Crew Cab, Short Box
- Crew Cab, Long Box
The 2020 Chevrolet Colorado is expected to bring various revised engine and transmission choices, potentially including the new GM 2.7L L3B engine. For reference, the 2019 Colorado is available with the following powertrain options:
|Engine||Transmission||Horsepower @ RPM||Torque @ RPM||Rear Axle|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed manual N8D||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|2.5L I-4 LCV gasoline||6-speed automatic MYB||200 @ 6300||191 @ 4400||4.10|
|3.6L V-6 LGZ gasoline||8-speed automatic M5T||308 @ 6800||275 @ 4000||3.42|
|2.8L I-4 LWN diesel||6-speed automatic MYB||181 @ 3400||369 @ 2000||3.42|
The 2020 Colorado might see changes in the model lineup. For reference the 2019 Colorado is offered in the following models:
- 2WD / 4WD Base/WT Extended Cab (12M53)
- 2WD / 4WD WT Crew Cab Short Box (12M43)
- 2WD / 4WD WT Crew Cab Long Box (12T43)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Extended Cab (12N53)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Crew Cab Short Box (12N43)
- 2WD / 4WD LT Crew Cab Long Box (12U43)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Extended Cab (12P53)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box (12P43)
- 2WD / 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Long Box (12V43)
- 4WD ZR2 Extended Cab (12P53)
- 4WD ZR2 Crew Cab Short Box (12P43)
The 2020 Colorado might see a revision in trim levels that delivers a lower base price while introducing a high-end model such as LTZ or High Country. For reference the 2019 Colorado is offered in the following trim levels:
- Base (2SA)
- Work Truck:
- 2WD (2WT)
- 4WD (4WT)
- 2WD (2LT)
- 4WD (4LT)
- 2WD (2Z7)
- 4WD (4Z7)
- ZR2 (4ZR)
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2020 Colorado will continue to ride on the GMT 31XX platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2015 and newer GMC Canyon
- 2013 and newer Chevrolet and Holden Colorado for international markets
- 2014 and newer Chevrolet Trailblazer, also known as the Holden Colorado 7 and Holden Trailblazer
We expect the 2020 Chevy Colorado to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2019.
We expect that the current, second-generation Chevrolet Colorado will remain in production for at least the thru the 2022 model year, and that an all-new, future Chevy Colorado will launch for the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevy Colorado in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Colorado news.
2018 Chevrolet Colorado
Chevrolet Colorado ZH2 Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Pictures
Chevrolet Colorado Red Line Series concept - SEMA 2015
2017 Holden Colorado
2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 Pictures
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Trail Boss
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Midnight Edition
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Midnight Edition
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
- 2020 Chevrolet Colorado Changes, Updates, New Features