2018 Chevrolet Colorado
We expect the Chevrolet Colorado midsize pickup truck receives several minor updates and changes for the 2018 model year.
The 2018 Chevy Colorado receives the following changes, updates, and new features:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of two new exterior colors
- Expanded availability of Deepwood Green Metallic, which is now available on LT and Z71 trim levels (was only available for the Colorado ZR2 on the 2017 Colorado
- Replacement of the IO3 AM/FM stereo with 4.2-inch diagonal display, which was standard on the Base and Work Truck trim levels of the 2017 Colorado, with the IOB Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen, USB ports, auxiliary jack, Bluetooth streaming audio for music and most phones and Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability on the base and WT trims. Colorado LT, Z71 and ZR2 trim levels get the IO5 MyLink infotainment system with an 8-inch touch screen, and can be optioned with the IO6 unit — which adds navigation.
- The inclusion of IOB Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 7-inch touch screen as standard equipment means that the radio will no longer be included in the Custom Special Edition package.
- Addition of trailering assist with guidelines on models with Tow/Haul mode, which is included on models with the 3.6L V-6 LGZ and 2.8L Duramax Diesel I-4 LWN Diesel engine
- Addition of new heated power-adjustable, body-color outside mirrors as available on LT and standard on Z71 and ZR2 models
- Addition of black leather-appointed seating for Z71 trim level, which previously was only available with cloth/leatherette seats
- Expanded availability of the Shoreline Special Edition Cloth and Luxury packages on Crew Cab models; for the 2017 Colorado, the Shoreline Edition was only available on Extended Cab models
The 2018 Chevrolet Colorado continues to be offered as a midsize pickup truck with two cab and bed configurations:
- Extended Cab
- Crew Cab
- Short Box
- Long Box
Like all second-generation units of the Chevy Colorado, the 2018 Colorado continues to ride on GM’s GMT 31XX platform shared with the GMC Canyon. The same basic architecture is also used by the international-market Chevrolet Colorado, Chevrolet Trailblazer, and their respective Holden derivatives.
- 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Lineup
- 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Order Guide
- 2018 Chevrolet Colorado Updates, Changes, New Features