2014 Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne Concept
The Silverado Cheyenne is a concept vehicle from GM’s Chevrolet division.
The Silverado Cheyenne concept foreshadows a high-performance variant of the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck. Such a model, however, never saw the light of day.
The 2014 Silverado Cheyenne concept featured the following components:
- Regular cab configuration and 6.2L L86 EcoTec3 V8 engine making 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque; the K2 Silverado never came to offer this combination
- Improved power-to-weight ratio that sheds 200 pounds from a basic 4,503-pound 2014 Silverado regular cab with a 6’6″ bed and 5.3L V-8, enabling the weight to drop to 4,303 pounds thanks to the following components:
- Carbon fiber front and rear bumpers, side skirts and tailgate
- Deletion of trailer hitch, spare tire, removal of center
- Integration of aluminum driveshaft
- Composite rear leaf springs
- Various aerodynamic, including:
- Hood vent extractor inspired by the Camaro Z/28
- Integrated rear spoiler on the tailgate
- Camaro Z/28 Brembo carbon ceramic brakes that decrease stopping distance and help save weight
- Black aluminum wheels from Camaro Z/28
- Recaro sport seats
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
The Silverado Cheyenne concept made its world premiere at the 2013 SEMA show in November 2013.