2014 Chevrolet Colorado
- 11 percent more power and 6 percent more torque
- Addition of Chevrolet’s advanced MyLink infotainment system
- Both 2.5L Duramax Diesel and 2.8L Duramax Diesel engines get new six-speed manual transmissions
- New Orange Rock exterior color
- Updated Engines
- New Transmissions
- MyLink Infotainment
- Additional Enhancements
- Cab Configurations
- Orange Rock Color
- The 2.8L Duramax now produces 200 horsepower (147 kW) of power at 3600 rpm and 368 pound-feet (500 Nm) of torque at 2,000 rpm.
- The 2.5L Duramax now produces 163 horsepower (120 kW) at 3600 rpm and 280 pound-feet (380 Nm) of torque at 2000 rpm.
The improvements to the 2.8-liter Duramax make the Colorado one of the most powerful in its class. The engine produces 131 pound-feet (178 Nm) per liter. Not only will the added power improve the Colorado’s acceleration and linear performance, it will also enhance the vehicle’s towing and payload capacities. To make the increased output possible, several parts in the new Duramax engine were upgraded, including but not limited to:
- The high-pressure common-rail
- Water-cooled variable-geometry turbocharger
- Electrical EGR valve
- New composite intake manifold
To note, both the 2.5L Duramax and 2.8L Duramax are Euro-4 compliant and can be upgraded to meet Euro-5, -6 and US emission standards if necessary.
The 2014 Colorado also receives new six-speed manual transmissions. Paired to the 2.5L Duramax and 2.8L Duramax engines, the new gearboxes feature retuned ratios to take advantage of the new characteristics of the diesel engines, providing the Colorado with the best combination of performance and economy. Models equipped with automatic transmissions retain the proven Hydra-Matic six-speed gearbox with driver shift control capability.
The 2014 Colorado adds Chevrolet’s latest-generation MyLink infotainment system, further enhancing the pickup truck’s lifestyle appeal, especially to customers who live in urban environments.
The top-of-the-line Colorado LTZ1 trim level is now equipped with the upmarket MyLink system, which features a seven-inch screen with an integrated satellite navigation system. The system features smartphone connectivity and streaming audio.
The phone features enable drivers to make hands-free voice calls, as well as other functionality. On the audio side of MyLink’s functionality, the system is capable of displaying album artwork, videos and images. It comes with a nine-speaker sound system, DVD-movie capability and an USB/Auxiliary port.
The smartphone link function allows the use of Stitcher and TuneIn, which provides the driver access to over 70,000 internet radio stations worldwide.
The 2014 Colorado also features additional enhancements, including an enhanced Driver Information Cluster and a Park-Assist system.
Enhanced Driver Information Center
The Display Information Cluster (DIC) — the backlit LCD panel in the instrument binnacle in front of the driver — is enhanced in the following two ways in the 2014 Colorado:
- The DIC now has an ‘ECO Index Page’, which provides feedback with a relative value of how fuel efficient the driver has been with his or her driving. If the driver is driving within ‘economical’ parameters, a leaf will be shown.
- The DIC also features an additional Statistics Page, which highlights the average fuel consumption for the last 50 kilometers (31 miles) in a bar graph. Each column, or bar, represents the average fuel consumption of the last five kilometers.
Taking into consideration that the Colorado is also a popular choice amongst those who live in cities and are looking for a tough, refined, high-riding go-anywhere vehicle, the 2014 Colorado now comes with a Park-Assist System, featuring sensors built into the rear bumper. The addition of this feature will be very helpful for drivers navigating in the tight confines of city traffic and parking spaces.
Like the 2012 Colorado, the 2014 model continues to be offered in three different cab configurations:
- S-Cab – Single Cab
- X-Cab – Extended Cab
- C-Cab – Crew Cab
The 2014 Colorado receives an additional exterior color called Orange Rock.