2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV
We expect the Chevrolet Bolt to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Bolt EV:
- Possible semi-autonomous driving technology
- Upgraded powertrain for a longer driving range
- Revised exterior color palette
- Revised interior color palette
- Revised trim levels and equipment groups
- Revised dashboard to address the reported glare issues
The 2019 Chevy Bolt continues to be offered as a small, subcompact five-door hatchback that could be characterized as a crossover. In fact, Chevrolet positions the Bolt as a crossover.
Like all first-generation units of the Chevrolet Bolt EV, the 2019 Bolt rides on the GM BEV2 platform that is derived from the Gamma 2 platform.
We expect the 2019 Bolt to launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
The 2019 model year will be the third year of production for the first-generation Chevy Bolt. An all-new, next Chevy Bolt EV will not launch for a few more model years.
- 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV Changes, Updates, New Features