2020 Chevrolet Camaro
The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro receives various changes and updates for the 2020 model year that make further updates of to the refreshed 2019 Camaro. As such, the 2020 Camaro can be characterized as a refresh of a refresh. What’s more, the 2020 Camaro represents the fifth model year of the sixth-generation Camaro.
Changes, Updates, New Features
- Addition of the long-rumored LT1 models as low-cost V8 models slotting between LT and SS models
- Introduction of Shock and Steel Special Edition (not available at start of production) on 2LT, 3LT and 2SS models
- Introduction of Redline edition (not available at start of production) on 1LT, 2LT, 3LT, 1SS, 2SS models
- Deletion of Silver Ice Metallic exterior color
- Deletion of Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color
- Addition of Rally Green Metallic exterior color
- Addition of new front fascia for SS models with body-color painted mid-bar
- An expanded availability of RPO wheels, which are now available with any LPO wheels, based on model/trim availability
- Addition of new 20″ 5-split spoke polished forged wheels with black star center cap
- Addition of dark tint tail lamps optional on LS and LT models
- Addition of new Camaro fender badge optional on LS, LT, and SS models
- Addition of new black front and rear bowties on LS and LT models
- Addition of red-painted brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models
- Addition of orange-painted brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models
- Addition of decklid-mounted lip spoiler as option on LS and LT Coupe without RS Package
- Introduction of new red knee pads on LT, 1LT, SS and ZL1 models
- Introduction of red seat belt color as option across the entire model range (previously only available on ZL1)
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert feature on all models
- Rear Camera Mirror is now standard on 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible and is no longer deleted when 1LE Track Package is ordered
- Recaro performance front bucket seats are now available on LT Coupe and LT Convertible models without requiring 1LE Track Performance Package
- Sport alloy pedals are now available on LT and SS Coupe/Convertible
- Sueded microfiber-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel and sueded microfiber-wrapped shifter now available on LT and SS Coupe and Convertible
- Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White interior colors now available on 2LT Coupe and 2LT Convertible
- 10-speed automatic transmission now available on LT models with 3.6L V6 LGX engine, replacing 8-speed automatic transmission
- 3LT Coupe and Convertible now standard with turbo-charged 2.0L I4 LTG engine, while 3.6L V6 LGX is now an available option (3.6L V6 LGX was standard for 2019 and turbo 2.0L Turbo I-4 was not available)
- Convenience and Lighting Package now standard on 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible
- 3LT Coupe and 3LT Convertible standard audio system is now (IOS) Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system with 8″ diagonal HD color touchscreen, while (IOT) Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with connected Navigation is now an available option
- Deletion of the following LPOs:
- RS/SS Interior Package
- Camaro Logo Premium Carpeted Mats Package
- Premium carpeted 1LE floor mats
- Premium carpeted performance logo floor mats
- Winter Protection Package
- Decklid blackout decal
- Black Metallic with Red outline hash mark stripes
- (PCH/PCI) Performance Enthusiast Packages
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2020 Chevy Camaro continues to be offered as a two-door coupe and two-door convertible body styles.
Models, Trim Levels, Pricing
The 2020 Camaro is offered in the following models and trim levels:
|Trim Level||Body Style||Model Code||Starting Price|
The LT1 Coupe and Convertible are new for the 2020 model year. The LT1 trim is introduced as the long-awaited, entry-level V8 trim level. The model features the same 6.2L V8 LT1 engine as the Camaro SS, but with the appearance and chassis components of the LT Camaro models. It also features less equipment than the Camaro SS models. The lack of such a model in the Camaro lineup has been a huge criticism of the sixth-generation Camaro, and is believed to be a major contributor to the model’s depressed sales volume when compared to the competition.
The 2020 Camaro is offered with four gasoline engines, including one turbo-charged four-cylinder engine, one naturally-aspirated six-cylinder engine, one naturally-aspirated eight-cylinder engine and one supercharged eight-cylinder engine. The engines go unchanged from the 2019 model, except for the introduction of the new LT1 trim and its associated LT1 engine.
2020 Chevrolet Camaro Powertrain Summary
|Brand||Model||Trim||Engine RPO Code||Displacement (L / ci)||Layout & Cylinders||Valvetrain||Aspiration||Compression Ratio||Bore & Stroke (in / mm)||Fuel||Fuel Delivery||Valve Lifters||Engine Block Material||Cylinder Head Material||Wheel Drive||Transmission||Axle (Final Drive Ratio)||Power (hp / kW @ RPM)||Torque (lb-ft / Nm @ RPM)||Fuel Economy Automatic (City / Hwy)||Fuel Economy Manual (City / Hwy)|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LS, LT||LTG||2.0 / 122||I-4||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, CVVT||Turbocharged||9.5:1||3.38 x 3.38 / 86 x 86||Gasoline||SIDI (Spark Ignited Direct Injection)||Hydraulic roller finger follower||Cast aluminum 319T7 (lost foam cast aluminum)||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 8-speed auto (MX0)||3.27||275 / 205 @ 5600 rpm||295 / 398.3 @ 3000-4500||31 / 22||30 / 20|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LS, LT||LGX||3.6 / 219||V-6||DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, CVVT||Atmospheric||11.5:1||3.74 x 3.37 / 95 x 85.8||Gasoline||Direct, high-pressure fuel injection with electronic throttle control||Hydraulic roller finger follower||Cast aluminum w/ cast-in-place iron bore liners||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 8-speed auto (MX0)||3.27 or 2.77||335 / 250 @ 6800||284 / 383.4 @ 5300||29 / 19||27 / 16|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||LT1, SS||LT1||6.2 / 378||V-8||OHV, 2 valves per cylinder, VVT||Atmospheric||11.5:1||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92||Gasoline||Direct injection||Hydraulic roller||Cast aluminum||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 10-speed auto (MX0)||3.73 or 2.77||455 / 339.3 @ 6000||455 / 614.3 @ 4400||27 / 16||24 / 16|
|Chevrolet||Camaro||ZL1||LT4||6.2 / 378||V-8||OHV, 2 valves per cylinder, VVT||Supercharged||10.0:1||4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92||Gasoline||Direct injection||Hydraulic roller||Cast aluminum||Cast aluminum||RWD||6-speed manual (MN6) or 10-speed auto (MX0)||3.73 or 2.85||650 / 485 @ 6400||650 / 881 @ 3600||21 / 13||20 / 14|
Like all sixth-generation units of the Chevrolet Camaro, the 2020 Camaro continues to ride on GM’s Alpha platform shared with the following vehicles:
We expect the 2020 Chevy Camaro to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2019 calendar year.
We expect that the sixth-generation Camaro will live on for the 2020, 2021 2022 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevy Camaro will launch in the vicinity of the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2020 Chevy Camaro in our Chevrolet forum.
- 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Changes, Updates, New Features