2019 Chevrolet Camaro
The Chevrolet Camaro is expected to receive a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year consisting of updates to exterior, interior, technology and powertrain. To note, a mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM speak.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Chevrolet Camaro. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Chevrolet.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Chevy Camaro:
- Changes and updates to exterior design
- Changes and updates to interior design
- Restructuring of trim levels, options, equipment packages and pricing to create a more affordable low- and medium-end models
- Possible updates to the powertrain, including:
- New engines, potentially a replacement of all existing engines with all-new engines, with the exception of the supercharged 6.2L V-8 LT4 in Camaro ZL1, which we expect to remain
- Replacement of the 6-speed manual transmission with a 7-speed manual transmission
- More frequent use of the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission
- Possible introduction of Camaro Z/28
The 2019 Camaro has been spotted various times undergoing testing wearing camouflage on the front and rear ends:
- October 2017: spied with a tweaked front end design
- August 2017: spied high altitude testing with tweaked front and rear ends
The 2019 Chevy Camaro continues to be offered as a two-door coupe and two-door convertible body styles.
Like all sixth-generation units of the Chevrolet Camaro, the 2019 Camaro continues to ride on GM’s Alpha platform shared with the following vehicles:
The 2019 Camaro refreshed will likely bring a revised powertrain lineup. Some rumors have pegged the introduction of two new engines and a wider use of the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission across the range.
We expect the 2019 Chevy Camaro to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that the sixth-generation Camaro will live on for the 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2023 model years, and that an all-new, future Chevy Camaro will launch in the vicinity of the 2023 model year.
Discuss the 2019 Chevy Camaro in our Chevrolet forum.
Follow our coverage of Chevrolet Camaro news.
- 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Changes, Updates, New Features