2014 Chevrolet Camaro
Chevrolet introduced the updated 2014 Camaro lineup at the 2013 New York Auto Show. The refreshed line of the American sports car consists of restyled front and rear fascias as well as the addition of the legendary Z/28 model — the most iconic model in Camaro history, according to General Motors.
The 2014 Camaro gets a revised exterior design that marks the most significant redesign since the introduction of the fifth-generation Camaro. The model sports new front and rear fascias while giving Chevrolet an opportunity to “apply what we have learned listening to our customers, and our continuing development of high-performance models”, according to Camaro exterior design director Tom Peters.
Compared to the 2010-2013 Camaro, the updated design equips the Camaro with in a wider, lower, and more contemporary appearance. The front fascia features a wider lower opening complemented by a narrower upper opening while updating the appearance of the “halo ring” HID headlamps on the Camaro RS package. A new functional hood vent on the Camaro SS helps reduce heat and aerodynamic lift. In the back, the 2014 Camaro features an updated decklid and horizontal lamps that feature LED lights on the RS package.
Notably, the design of the lower air dam of the 2014 Camaro LS and LT will be different from that of the SS, ZL1, and Z/28. This was confirmed by GM’s John Fitzpatrick.
The only difference to the 2014 Camaro’s interior is the newfound availability of Recaro racing seats that are available on the coupe models of the SS and ZL1. The seats feature aggressive bolsters for high-performance driving, as well as seat cutouts inspired by the five-point harnesses found on racing seats. To save weight, both front seats incorporate manual adjustment.
In addition, the 2014 Camaro Z/28 features a series of changes (rather than updates) to the cabin that aim to decrease the weight of the vehicle.
2014 Camaro Release Date
The 2014 Camaro will begin arriving to dealers on or before fall of 2013. The 2014 Camaro Z/28 will begin arriving in the spring of 2014.
2014 Camaro Price
Chevrolet hasn’t announced pricing for the 2014 Camaro line at the time of the model’s unveiling at the 2013 New York Auto Show. However, GM Authority expects pricing to remain consistent with the 2013 Camaro lineup, with the exception of the Z/28 model — which is expected to be priced above the Camaro ZL1.
2014 Camaro Z/28
The Z/28 trim level is back for the Camaro — making the sports car the most track-capable Camaro ever built. Read more about the Camaro Z/28.
In March, Chevrolet announced that the 2014 update to the Camaro will bring forth “design and performance“ enhancements.
- Chevrolet originally released a teaser image of the 2014 Camaro on March 20th, 2013. The image showed a close-up shot of the refreshed car’s grille.
- On March 26th, 2013, Kelly and Michael scooped the 2014 Camaro live on television.
2014 Camaro Equipment-Level Changes
Models & Packages
- (HWS) Hot Wheels Special Edition, including (GHF) Kinetic Blue Metallic exterior color no longer available
- (BRH) Mojave Interior Accent Trim Package no longer available
- (VTD) Argent Ground Effects Package no longer available
- (DSH/DSJ/DSK) Hockey Stripe Packages no longer available
- (DSC/DSF/DSD) Hood and Hockey Stripe Packages no longer available
- (WRS) RS Exterior Appearance Package now includes separate fog lamps and Daytime Running Lamps
- (GCN) Victory Red exterior color no longer available
- (GCO) Rally Yellow exterior color no longer available
- (GCR) Inferno Orange Metallic exterior color no longer available
- (VRV) Quarter Flares no longer available
- (SER) 21-Inch 5-Spoke Wheels no longer available
- (5W5) 21-Inch Aluminum Wheels with Silver Accents no longer available
- Rear spoiler no longer standard on ALL models – standard on SS coupe and included with (WRS) RS Exterior Appearance Package on LT coupe models; standard on all convertible models with integral antenna
- (SGE) 18-Inch painted aluminum wheels now standard on LS
- (VAS) Body-color grille now available in all 9 exterior colors
- (SB3) Body-color rear
- New (AYZ) Recaro Performance Front Bucket Seats (available on SS and ZL1 coupe models only
- New (UV6) Color Head-Up Display (standard on 2LT, 2SS and ZL1)
- New (UDD) Color Driver Information Center (standard on 2LT, 2SS and ZL1)
- New (BRD) Available Blue Interior Accent Trim Package
- New front and rear fascias, new headlamps and taillamps, unique
- SS hood, unique RS front grille, new decklid and spoiler, new rear
- diffusers and exhaust tips (front appearance on ZL1 is carryover
- to maintain specific downforce and cooling needs)
- New (G7C) Red Hot exterior color
- New (G7D) Bright Yellow exterior color
- New (G7P) Red Rock Metallic exterior color
- (WRS) Available RS Exterior Appearance Package now includes separate fog lamps and Daytime Running Lamps. The package will also offer a unique appearance up front and in the rear of the vehicle — the front grille, headlamps and taillamps (LED) are differentiated
- (SGE) 18-Inch Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels standard on LS
- Rear spoiler no longer standard on ALL models: standard on SS Coupe models, included with RS Exterior Appearance Package on LT Coupe models, standard on all Convertible models with integral antenna (Convertible models will use same spoiler design as Coupe models)
- Victory Red, Rally Yellow and Inferno Orange Metallic exterior colors discontinued for 2014
- Quarter flares (LPO VRV) and Argent Ground Effects Package (LPO VTD) discontinued for 2014
- 18-inch painted aluminum wheels (LPO SGE) now standard on LS models and 18-inch steel wheels nolonger available for 2014
- 21-inch 5-spoke polished wheels (LPO SER) and 21-inch machined aluminum wheels (LPO 5W5) with Silver accents discontinued for 2014
- Hot Wheels Special Edition and Kinetic Blue Metallic exterior discontinued for 2014
- Mojave Interior Accent Trim Package discontinued for 2014
- Hockey Stripe Packages and Hood and Hockey Stripe Packages discontinued for 2014
- The Z/28 (RPO Z28) model returns for the 2014 model year (arriving in Spring 2014). This historic nameplate harkens back to its first generation roots with a track-focused design and equipment engineered for competitive driving. Feature highlights include:
- (LS7) hand-assembled naturally aspirated small block 7.0L V8 engine (GM-estimated 500+ horsepower and 500+ lb.-ft. of torque)
- 305/30ZR19 Pirelli PZero Trofeo R summer-only tires
- 19-inch x 11-inch front and 19-inch x 11.5-inch rear forged aluminum wheels
- Recaro performance seats (driver and front passenger)
- Red Hot, Black, Summit White, Silver Ice and Ashen Gray exterior colors
2014 Chevrolet Camaro
2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
- 2014 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28