2019 Cadillac XTS
The 2019 Cadillac XTS gets one change for the 2019 model year. The full-size sedan received a midcycle refresh for the 2018 model year.
2019 Cadillac XTS Changes, Updates, New Features
- Upgrade of the wireless phone charging system to the second-generation, which delivers:
- Higher power
- Larger charging surface area
- Compatibility with Apple iPhone and Google Android phones equipped for wireless charing (some exceptions apply)
The 2019 Cadillac XTS continues to be offered as a full-size four-door sedan. The vehicle is also offered as a Professional Vehicle in the following five variants:
- W20 Livery Package (6GB69)
- W30 Coachbuilder Stretch Livery (6GB69)
- V4U Coachbuilder Limousine (6GB69)
- B9Q Coachbuilder Funeral Coach (6GB69)
- B05 Armored (6GB69)
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac XTS, the 2019 XTS continues to ride on a variant of the GM Epsilon platform known as Super Epsilon that’s shared with the following vehicles:
The Cadillac XTS is assembled at the GM Oshawa plant in Ontario operated by GM Canada for North American markets and at the Shanghai-GM Jinqiao North plant operated by GM China for the Chinese market.
The 2019 Cadillac XTS will follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
Cadillac was initially planning on discontinuing the XTS around the 2017-2018 calendar year timeframe. These plans subsequently changed, with Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen confirming that the XTS vehicle program lifecycle has been extended beyond its initially-planned timeframe.
It’s believe that the move move was made to serve “traditional” Cadillac customers, while the remaining Cadillac vehicles such as the ATS and CTS (as well as their respective CT# replacements), along with the CT6, would continue their roles of attracting new customers, those who have been purchasing luxury vehicles from rivals.
Now, it is expected that the 2019 or 2020 model years will become the last for the XTS, with no future Cadillac XTS model planned.
- 2019 Cadillac XTS Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Cadillac XTS Order Guide