2018 Cadillac XTS V-Sport
We expect the Cadillac XTS V-Sport to receive a mid-cycle refresh for the 2018 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2018 Cadillac XTS V-Sport. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
It is possible that the updates described here are actually for the 2019 model year Cadillac XTS. See more about the 2019 Cadillac XTS.
Following are our expectations of the 2018 Cadillac XTS V-Sport, given that the high-performance variant of the XTS sticks around for the 2018 model year:
- Exterior updates, including a new front end treatment, hood, head lights, and tail lights
- Interior updates, including a revised interior
- Potential powertrain updates, including new 9-speed transmission 9T65 automatic transmission to replace the current 6-speed
Outside of these updates, we expect the remainder of the XTS V-Sport to remain largely same as the current 2013-2017 model.
We should note that Cadillac was initially planning on discontinuing the XTS before the 2020 model year, but Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen has confirmed that the XTS vehicle program lifecycle has been extended beyond this timeframe. The move is believed to have been made to better serve “traditional” Cadillac customers, while the remaining Cadillac vehicles such as the ATS, CTS, and CT6 (as well as their respective CT# replacements) are meant to attract new customers to the Cadillac brand, ones that have been purchasing vehicles from rival automakers.
- The refreshed 2018 Cadillac XTS was captured undergoing testing in April 2017.
- In addition, pictures of the 2019 Cadillac XTS were leaked in May 2017. The photos show redesigned front and rear fascias.