Cadillac XT5 V-Sport
The XT5 V-Sport is expected to be a more sporty and more performance-oriented variant of the new Cadillac XT5 crossover.
To note, the XT5 will mark the first time the V-Sport designation has been applied to a Cadillac crossover.
The following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
Here’s what we expect from the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport:
- A range-topping variant of the XT5 crossover family
- Likely powered by Cadillac’s new 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 LGW making roughly 360 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque sending power via a sport-calibrated eight-speed transmission to all four wheels
- A tuned suspension system with Cadillac’s Magnetic Ride Control
- More aggressive exterior styling elements such as the front and rear fascias to differentiate from non-V-Sport models and to provide more cooling for the twin-turbo V6
- More sporty interior to support the more capable driving experience, including more aggressively-bolstered front bucket seats with greater support controls
- Possibly lower ground clearance than the non-V-Sport XT5 models
We expect the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport to be powered by a twin turbo six-cylinder engine sending power to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
XT5 V-Sport Engine
We expect the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport to be powered by the GM-Cadillac 3.0L Twin-Turbo V6 LGW making about 370 horsepower and 350 pound-feet of torque. Note that the engine makes more power in other applications, such as the 2016 Cadillac CT6.
XT5 V-Sport Transmission
We expect the engine of the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport to be mated to the same eight-speed automatic tranmission found in non-V-Sport models, but calibrated for a more sporty driving experience.
XT5 V-Sport Drivetrain
Power will likely be sent to all four wheels via an advanced Haldex all-wheel-drive system.
We expect Cadillac to unveil the XT5 V-Sport in the end of calendar year 2016 as a 2017 model year vehicle or in the beginning of calendar year 2017 as 2018 model year vehicle.
We expect the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport to become available some time in calendar year 2016 as a 2017 model year vehicle or in the beginning of calendar year 2017 as 2018 model year vehicle.
We expect the Cadillac XT5 V-Sport to be available in all global markets where Cadillac does business, including:
- United States
- Middle East
- Russia and the CIS
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac XT5, the XT5 V-Sport will ride on GM’s new C1XX platform.
We will update this section with Cadillac XT5 V-Sport specifications when the vehicle is announced or when we have more official details from GM/Cadillac.