2019 Cadillac XT5
We expect the Cadillac XT5 to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Cadillac XT5. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Changes, Updates, New Features
Following are highlights of the changes, updates and new features for the 2019 Cadillac XT5:
- Deletion of three exterior colors
- Addition of four exterior colors
- Newfound availability of 20-inch Ultra Bright machined faced wheels with Midnight Silver accents on Luxury trim level
- Newfound availability of 20-inch 12-spoke fully polished wheels on Luxury and Premium Luxury trim levels
- Deletion of Carbon Plum interior color with Jet Black accents
- Deletion of rear seat DVD entertainment system
- Addition of Driver Awareness Package as standard on Luxury trim level
- Addition of Driver Assist Package as standard on Platinum trim level
- Removal of Wireless Phone Charging from XT5 (base) trim level
- Addition of second-generation Wireless Phone Charging, which includes higher power and larger charging surface area that’s compatible with iPhone and Android phones equipped for wireless charging on Luxury, Premium Luxury & Platinum trim levels
- Replacement of micro-suede on the instrument mid-panel with Provence leather on Platinum trim level
See the complete list of 2019 Cadillac XT5 changes and updates.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 continues to be offered as a midsize four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac XT5, the 2019 XT5 continues to ride on the GM C1 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer GMC Acadia (second generation)
- 2018 and newer Chevrolet Traverse (second generation)
- 2018 and newer Buick Enclave (second generation)
- 2020 Cadillac XT6 (first generation)
We expect the 2019 Cadillac XT5 to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that first-generation Cadillac XT5, which launched for the 2017 model year, will live on in its current form with a few updates or changes until the all-new, future Cadillac XT5 launches in the vicinity of the 2022-2023 model years.
Discuss the next-generation Cadillac XT5 in our Cadillac forum.
Follow our coverage of Cadillac XT5 news.
- 2019 Cadillac XT5 Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Cadillac XT5 Order Guide