2019 Cadillac XT5
We expect the Cadillac XT5 to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Cadillac XT5. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Cadillac XT5:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No changes to powertrain, or possible introduction of the Twin-Turbo 3.0L V-6 LGW engine for an XT5 V-Sport model
The 2019 Cadillac XT5 continues to be offered as a midsize four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV).
Like all first-generation units of the Cadillac XT5, the 2019 XT5 continues to ride on the GM C1 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- 2017 and newer GMC Acadia (second generation)
- 2018 and newer Chevrolet Traverse (second generation)
- 2018 and newer Buick Enclave (second generation)
We also expect that the 2019 Cadillac XT6 will ride on the same long-wheelbase version of the C1 architecture.
We expect the 2019 Cadillac XT5 to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch in the third quarter of the 2018 calendar year.
We expect that first-generation Cadillac XT5, which launched for the 2017 model year, will live on in its current form with a few updates or changes until the all-new, future Cadillac XT5 launches in the vicinity of the 2022-2023 model years.
Discuss the next-generation Cadillac XT5 in our Cadillac forum.
Follow our coverage of Cadillac XT5 news.