2016 Cadillac Escalade Interior
The interior of the 2016 Cadillac Escalade is defined by craftsmanship. The passenger space is designed to be one of the industry’s most authentic and luxurious cabins with seamless technology integration for today’s connected luxury customers. And like the Escalade’s exterior, there’s harmony with Cadillac’s other vehicles in the cabin’s appearance, amenities and controls.
Real wood combined with premium cut-and-sewn materials, sueded accents and ambient lighting combine to add elegance to the cabin. Tight tolerances of the instrument panel and door panels, precision controls and triple-sealed doors were engineered and designed to reinforce a feeling of quality.
The seats are sculpted in appearance and feature a reclining second row. The design incorporates dual-firmness foam that ensures long-trip comfort, while helping retain appearance over time.
Additional interior features include:
- Standard keyless entry and push-button start
- Standard electric telescoping/tilting steering column
- Standard heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents
- Standard wireless phone charging provision on the center console
- Concealed center-stack storage with motorized door
- Standard tri-zone climate control
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats, with standard power-folding third row
- Heated and cooled seats are standard in front and second-row bucket seats have standard heat
CUE Infotainment System
The 12.3-inch instrument cluster features a reconfigurable, high-resolution digital driver information center (DIC) display paired with the CUE infotainment system, with data also shown on an available, four-color head-up display on Luxury and Premium Collections.
Along with vehicle systems information, the DIC provides details on the audio, Bluetooth phone and navigation systems, which can be adjusted via steering wheel controls.
Phone Integration Technology
Cadillac’s CUE system with an eight-inch-diagonal multi-touch screen is compatible with Apple CarPlay, a phone integration technology that puts iPhone features (iPhone 5 and later) on the display in a smart, simple manner. Many features can be controlled via voice commands through a steering wheel button, helping drivers spend more time with their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
Apple CarPlay takes the iPhone features most owners want to access while driving and puts them on the vehicle’s display to allow drivers to make calls, send and receive messages and listen to music right from the touchscreen or by voice via Siri. Apple CarPlay-supported apps include Phone, Messages, Maps, Music and compatible third-party apps. A full list of those apps can be found at Apple.com/ios/carplay.
Android Auto compatibility will be available later in the 2016 model year.
Bose Audio System
The 2016 Escalade features the Bose Centerpoint® surround sound system that is the most advanced ever in a Cadillac. Customized exclusively for the Escalade, it features new technologies that help heighten the sophisticated in-vehicle experience.
Proprietary technologies and 16 strategically placed speakers create a concert-like experience throughout the cabin. Five custom-tuned speakers placed across the instrument panel and front doors, combined with Bose Advanced Staging Technology, help reproduce expansive sound with exceptional precision and clarity.
Further enhancing the experience is Bose Centerpoint 2.0 signal processing technology, which enables a surround sound experience across all rows and SurroundStage signal processing circuitry, which compensates for off-center vehicle seating to create 360-degree sound for every occupant.
An available Blu-Ray DVD rear entertainment system is tied into the audio system and includes a nine-inch, roof-mounted screen on Escalade and two nine-inch screens on Escalade ESV. The overhead system also includes built-in remote storage, USB, SD car and RCA ports.
When it comes to interior colors and seating appointments, the Escalade offers a range of choices:
- The standard model, as well as the Luxury and Premium collections, come standard with leather seating surfaces with mini-perforated inserts, offered in Jet Black or Shale with Cocoa accents
- Luxury and Premium collections are available with full-leather seats with mini-perforated inserts in Kona Brown with Jet Black accents
- The Platinum Collection features with semi-aniline leather seating surfaces with mini-perforated inserts in Tuscan Brown or Jet Black with Jet Black accents
The Escalade offers a quiet environment, thanks to a strong body structure, and enhanced use of noise-attenuating materials and processes, including triple-sealed doors and acoustic-laminate glass and Bose Active Noise Cancelation technology. In fact, even the exterior mirrors were carefully shaped in the wind tunnel to reduce wind noise.