2019 Cadillac CT6 Changes, Updates, New Features
The 2019 Cadillac CT6 is expected to receive a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year consisting of updates to exterior, interior, technology and powertrain. A mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM parlance.
2019 Cadillac CT6 Confirmed Changes
- Deletion of the 2.0L turbo I-4 LTG as the base engine: GM’s filings with the NHTSA in December 2017 have shown that the Turbo 2.0L LTG inline four-cylinder engine will be discontinued from the 2019 Cadillac CT6. The filing precedes any official announcements from Cadillac, since the brand has yet to announce any changes associated with the 2019 CT6. The deletion of the engine hints at an overhaul of the powertrain-trim level lineup as Cadillac is widely expected to introduce its new twin-turbo V-8 engine in the 2019 CT6.
2019 Cadillac CT6 Expected Changes
We expect the 2019 Cadillac CT6 to include the following updates:
- An overhaul of the front-end and rear facias in the style of the Cadillac Escala Concept, with vertical front and rear lighting elements
- An mild update to the interior
- The addition of the Cadillac User Experience 3.0 infotainment system, otherwise known as CUE version 3
- Introduction of the new Cadillac 4.2L Twin-Turbo V-8 DOHC engine in a potential CT6 V-Sport model
- Introduction of the new GM 10-speed automatic transmissio
- A potential overhaul of powertrains in relation to trim levels (see deletion of Turbo 2.0L LTG engine above)
Following is the official RPO-level change list.