2019 Cadillac CT6
The Cadillac CT6 is expected to receive a mid-cycle refresh for the 2019 model year consisting of updates to exterior, interior, technology and powertrain. To note, a mid-cycle refresh can otherwise be referred to as a facelift or a mid-cycle enhancement (MCE) in GM parlance.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Cadillac CT6. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Cadillac.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, have recommendations, or suggestions to share, please let us know here.
2019 Cadillac CT6 Confirmed Changes
- Deletion of the 2.0L turbo I-4 LTG as the base engine: GM’s filings with the NHTSA in December 2017 have shown that the Turbo 2.0L LTG inline four-cylinder engine will be discontinued from the 2019 Cadillac CT6. The filing precedes any official announcements from Cadillac, since the brand has yet to announce any changes associated with the 2019 CT6. The deletion of the engine hints at an overhaul of the powertrain-trim level lineup as Cadillac is widely expected to introduce its new twin-turbo V-8 engine in the 2019 CT6.
2019 Cadillac CT6 Expectations
We expect the 2019 Cadillac CT6 to include the following updates:
- An overhaul of the front-end and rear facias in the style of the Cadillac Escala Concept, with vertical front and rear lighting elements
- An mild update to the interior
- The addition of the Cadillac User Experience 3.0 infotainment system, otherwise known as CUE version 3
- Introduction of the new Cadillac 4.2L Twin-Turbo V-8 DOHC engine in a potential CT6 V-Sport model
- Introduction of the new GM 10-speed automatic transmissio
- A potential overhaul of powertrains in relation to trim levels (see deletion of Turbo 2.0L LTG engine above)
2019 Cadillac CT6 Spy Shots
- May 2017: captured undergoing testing in Southern Europe wearing a lot of camouflage yet with noticeable cues from the Escala concept
- October 2017: a fleet of heavily-camouflaged CT6es spied testing
- October 2017: a 2019 CT6 prototype is spied testing wearing less camouflage than before
- December 2017: spied undergoing testing in Colorado
2019 Cadillac CT6 News
Follow our coverage of Cadillac CT6 news.
- 2019 Cadillac CT6 Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Cadillac CT6 Colors
- 2019 Cadillac CT6 Order Guide
- 2019 Cadillac CT6 V-Sport