Cadillac 4.2 Liter Twin Turbo V-8 Engine
The following information about the 4.2L Twin-Turbo V-8 has been confirmed:
- 4.2L displacement
- V-8 configuration
- Two turbochargers
- Not related to GM’s Small-Block V-8 engine family
- Not related to Supercharged 6.2L V-8 LT4 engine
- Due to launch in variant of the Cadillac CT6, possibly the CT6 V-Sport
Not Confirmed But Expected Information:
The following information about the 4.2L Twin-Turbo V-8 has not been confirmed, but is expected:
- Dual Overhead Cam (DOHC) configuration
- Horsepower and torque output in the high 400s or mid-500s
- Vehicles with the engine could wear a 4.2TT badge
In January 2016, Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen stated that the upcoming 4.2.-liter V-8 will have a power output in the “in the upper 400s”.
Though not confirmed by Cadillac or General Motors, we expect that the new engine will make roughly 500 pound-feet of torque.
The engine will likely be mated to the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission.
The new Cadillac 4.2-liter V-8 engine is expected to be available in the following vehicles: