2019 Buick Regal
We expect the Buick Regal to receive a few minor changes and updates for the 2019 model year, representing the second model year of the sixth-generation Regal.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Buick Regal. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Buick.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Buick Regal:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No changes to powertrain lineup
- Introduction of performance-oriented Regal GS model
The 2019 Buick Regal continues to be offered in two body styles:
- As a midsize four-door liftback called the Regal Sportback, and
- As a ruggedized, midsize four-door wagon called the Regal TourX
Like all sixth-generation units of the Buick Regal, the 2019 Regal continues to ride on GM’s E2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
- Chevrolet Malibu (second generation)
- Opel Insignia (second generation)
- Buick LaCrosse (third generation)
- Future Cadillac crossover — Cadillac XT4
We expect the 2019 Buick Regal to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, sixth-generation Buick Regal will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 and probably the 2024 model years, and that an all-new, future Buick Regal will launch after the 2023-2024 model years.