2019 Buick Envision
We expect the Buick Envision to either receive a few minor changes and updates or a midcycle refresh for the 2019 model year, representing the fourth model year of the first-generation Envision.
Following is speculative and unconfirmed information about the 2019 Buick Envision. This page is a continuous work-in-progress and will be updated on a regular basis as we await official details from General Motors and Buick.
If you notice any inaccuracies about the information provided, or have edits to suggest, please let us know here.
- Replacement of 6-speed automatic transmission with the new GM 9-speed automatic transmission on some trim levels
- Replacement of Midnight Amethyst Metallic exterior color with Satin Steel Gray Metallic
- Replacement of Ebony seats with Dark Plum interior accents with Dark Galvanized leather-appointed seats with Ebony interior accents
- Introduction of new headlights:
- Base (1SV), Preferred (1SD), and Essence (1SL) trim levels receive projector beam high intensity discharge (HID) headlamps
- Premium I (1SN) and Premium II (1SP) trim levels receive Bi-LED headlamps
- Introduction of LED taillamps with low-profile design
- On base (1SV), Preferred (1SD), and Essence (1SL) trim levels, single-outlet stainless steel exhaust replaced with hidden, turned-down exhaust
- Replacement of two existing wheel choices with two news ones
- Addition of three new features:
- Replacement of Ice Blue interior ambient lighting on instrument panel and front door trim with White
Following are our expectations of the 2019 Buick Envision if the vehicle receives a few small updates:
- Minor changes to features/equipment group structure
- One or two new exterior colors
- One or two new interior color combinations
- No changes to powertrain lineup
If the Envision receives a midcycle refresh for the 2019 model year, then we expect it to have the following changes and updates:
- Refreshed exterior
- Refreshed interior
- Changes to features and equipment group structure
The 2019 Buick Envision continues to be offered as a compact four-door crossover utility vehicle (CUV) with two rows of seating.
We expect the 2019 Buick Envision to follow the regular GM model year rollover sequence, and launch on or before the third quarter of calendar year 2018.
We expect that the current, first-generation Buick Envision will remain in production for at least the 2019, 2020, and 2021 model years, and that an all-new, future Buick Envision will launch on or after the 2022 model year.
Discuss the next Buick Envision in our Buick forum.
Follow our coverage of Buick Envision news.
- 2019 Buick Envision Order Guide
- 2019 Buick Envision Updates, Changes, New Features