Intern at GM Authority
Do you have a passion for cars, the automotive industry, General Motors, or all three? Do you like to research various topics and to write about them? Do you want to be a published author of a popular and highly-respected automotive online publication?
If you answered “yes” to any (or all) of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place, because GM Authority — the leading destination for GM enthusiasts — is looking for interns looking to become professional writers.
We live and breathe GM and the auto industry at large. Some things that you may not have known about us:
- Founded in 2009 (as GM was going through bankruptcy) to provide unparalleled coverage of General Motors’ global activities and a community for GM fans
- Earn over 650,000 monthly page views, with a 100% year-over-year growth in visitor traffic
- Cited by publications as AutoBlog, Automobile, MotorTrend, and Wikipedia, among others
- Attend media drives, press events, and auto shows to provide exceptional coverage of General Motors Company, its vehicles and services, while enjoying what we do on a daily basis
We consistently strive to improve what we do while growing in a healthy and organic fashion.
Internships often serve as the beginning to long, successful, and rewarding careers — and it’s how many GM Authority staff writers began their full- or part-time positions. Some adjectives that could be used to describe GM Authority interns include:
- Tip-top grammar
- Passionate about cars
- Passionate about writing
You don’t have to be a perfect writer (who is?) to intern here. But it’s vital that you have the basic skills (like grammar and timeliness) under control.
The Next Step
If you are as serious about writing about cars as we are, email us at webmail [at] gmauthority [dot] com
Tell us about you, why you want to intern here, and include a writing sample of your choosing of roughly 500 words.
Not a GM Enthusiast?
Perhaps you’d be more interested in our other publications:
- Ford Authority — our sister publication focusing on the Ford Motor Company. It’s like GM Authority, but covering everything Ford. Visit the Ford Authority careers page.
- Fiat Chrysler Authority — our sister publication covering Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, including Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and Ferrari. Visit the Fiat Chrysler Authority careers page.