Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 23 percent to 6,394 units in October 2019 compared to October 2018 results.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales increased 3664.71 percent to 640 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 62.5 percent to 13 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales totaled 143 units
- Chevrolet Damas sales decreased 21.9 percent to 271 units
- The Damas is a small van originally introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 24.87 percent to 142 units
- Chevrolet Impala sales increased 48.35 percent to 135 units
- Chevrolet Labo sales decreased 18.26 percent to 273 units
- The Labo is a line of small vans and pickups introduced by Daewoo, which GM subsequently bought in the late 1990s
- Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 62.71 percent to 723 units
- Chevrolet Spark sales decreased 20.16 percent to 2,979 units
- Chevrolet Trax sales decreased 37.68 percent to 971 units
- The Chevrolet Aveo, Cruze, Orlando, Captiva and Volt were discontinued in South Korea
During the first ten months of 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Korea sales decreased 19 percent to 60,328 units.
Sales Results - October 2019 - South Korea - Chevrolet
|MODEL||OCT 2019 / OCT 2018||OCTOBER 2019||OCTOBER 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
The double-digit decrease in Chevrolet Korea sales in October 2019 represents the sixth consecutive decline, accentuating the negative trend of GM’s primary brand in the South Korean market. In fact, Chevrolet sales decreased during eight of the first ten months of 2019, only increasing in March and April. This state of events describes why the year-to-date sales are lower than those obtained by the brand during the same period of 2018.
All locally-manufactured Chevrolet models suffered significant drops in October sales volumes, while each of the lower-volume imported models managed to increase deliveries. The most affected nameplates were the Malibu and Trax, with declines of 63 and 38 percent, respectively. On the positive side, the huge increase in Bolt EV sales during the month is particularly noteworthy, as it marks the second-best monthly sales performance of the year after the 650 deliveries recorded in March.
For its part, the Chevrolet Colorado sold its first 143 units in South Korea last month, when it officially went on sale in the market. The midsize pickup truck is part of GM’s offensive to help its struggling business in the South Korean market, which also includes the introduction of the Traverse in November followed by the all-new Chevrolet Trailblazer in early 2020.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Korea sales in October 2018 sales, except when noted
- South Korea sales figures reflect actual vehicle registrations rather than wholesales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- Fourth quarter 2019 Cadillac sales results:
- Cadillac sales Q4 2019 USA
- Cadillac Canada sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac China sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales Q4 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales October 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales November 2019
- Cadillac South Korea sales December 2019
- Cadillac Mexico Q3 2019 sales results
- Cadillac Mexico sales October 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales November 2019
- Cadillac Mexico sales December 2019