Chevrolet China sales decreased 18 percent to 96,808 units during the third quarter of 2019.
GM does not publish the individual sales performance of the models in China, but we do have the following information:
- The Chevrolet Monza compact sedan – launched in the first quarter – became Chevrolet’s best seller, with about 43,000 units sold
- Sales of the Malibu XL jumped 32 percent, topping 17,000 units
- With its growing focus on SUVs, Chevrolet launched the new Tracker followed by the Trailblazer in September and will unveil the three-row Chevrolet Blazer this month.
During the first nine months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet China sales decreased 17 percent to 316,637 units.
Sales Results - Q3 2019 - China - Chevrolet
|MODEL||Q3 2019 / Q3 2018||Q3 2019||Q3 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet China sales continued its downward trend during the third quarter of the year, registering a lower figure than in the first two quarters of 2019. In fact, it’s the first time in recent years that the brand has sold less than 100,000 units in a three-month span in the Chinese market. Chevrolet sales have experienced a steady decline these past few months in China, due in part to the slowing overall demand for vehicles in that country.
To stop the sales skid in the Chinese market, General Motors launched the 2020 Chevrolet Onix sedan and the 2020 Chevrolet Tracker – the first two members of the vehicle family based on the GM Global Emerging Markets (GEM) platform. These models include small-displacement engine that meet the new China VI emissions standards. In addition, the company launched the all-new Chevrolet Trailblazer and is preparing the introduction of the three-row Chevrolet Blazer, seeking to capitalize on the growing demand for utility vehicles in China.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet China sales for Q3 2018, except when noted
- Chevrolet China sales figures represent retail sales
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- GM Q3 2019 sales numbers:
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Canada sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet Canada sales Q3 2019
- Cadillac Canada sales Q3 2019
- Buick Canada sales Q3 2019
- GMC Canada sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales Q3 2019
- GM Mexico sales July 2019
- GM Mexico sales August 2019 sales
- GM Mexico sales September 2019
- GM China sales Q3 2019
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Brazil sales Q3 2019
- GM South Korea sales Q3 2019