Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 15 percent to 40,523 units in July 2019. The figures enable GM to continue as Brazil’s best-selling automaker and Chevrolet to continue as the country’s best-selling automobile brand.
Individual model sales performance was as follows:
- Chevrolet Bolt EV sales totaled 1 units; the model is launching in Brazil in limited quantities
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 300 percent to 8 units
- Chevrolet Cobalt sales decreased 57.71 percent to 1,001 units
- Chevrolet Cruze sales decreased 5.4 percent to 1,856 units
- Chevrolet Equinox sales decreased 24.89 percent to 329 units
- Chevrolet Montana sales decreased 24.45 percent to 1,072 units
- Chevrolet Onix sales increased 19.07 percent to 20,071 units
- Chevrolet Prisma sales increased 67.01 percent to 8,377 units
- Chevrolet S10 sales increased 17.6 percent to 3,093 units
- Chevrolet Spin sales increased 88.73 percent to 3,114 units
- Chevrolet Tracker sales decreased 46.79 percent to 1,293 units
- Chevrolet Trailblazer sales decreased 4.21 percent to 296 units
During the first seven months of the 2019 calendar year, Chevrolet Brazil sales increased 16 percent to 262,558 units.
Sales Results - July 2019 - Brazil - Chevrolet
|MODEL||JUL 2019 / JUL 2018||JULY 2019||JULY 2018||YTD 2019 / YTD 2018||YTD 2019||YTD 2018|
The GM Authority Take
Chevrolet Brazil sales maintained a healthy growth rate in July, which was also the case during each of the first six months of 2019. With 40,523 vehicles sold, July becomes the second best month of Chevrolet Brazil sales so far this year, while also representing the second time that the Bow Tie brand exceeded 40,000 units sold in 2019. The highest monthly sales volume so far this year for Chevrolet Brazil was in May, when the brand recorded 41,142 sales.
Chevrolet’s solid sales performance in Brazil, which has South America’s largest economy, is directly related to the commercial success of the Chevrolet Onix, the best-selling model in Brazil and in all of Latin America since 2016. The 20,071 sales of the Onix account for half of all Chevrolet sales volume in the country, with the July results representing the nameplate’s second-best result so far in 2019.
Other Chevrolet models whose sales performance is worthy of highlighting include the Prisma (the sedan variant of the Onix) and the Spin. Sales of the Spin have notably improved since the middle of last year, when the small MPV received an aesthetic update that resulted in increased demand for high-end trim levels. To take advantage of this circumstance, Chevrolet recently launched the Premier trim as the newest member of the Spin line for the 2020 model year.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Chevrolet Brazil sales for July 2018, except when noted
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- Running Chevrolet sales results
- General Motors Q2 2019 sales numbers (absence of a link means report currently unavailable):
- GM Q3 2019 sales U.S.A.
- GM Q3 2019 sales Canada
- GM Q3 2019 sales Mexico
- GM July 2019 sales Mexico
- GM August 2019 sales Mexico
- GM September 2019 sales Mexico
- GM Q3 2019 sales China
- Chevrolet China Q3 3019 sales
- Buick China Q3 2019 sales
- Cadillac China Q3 2019 sales
- GM Q3 2019 sales Brazil
- Chevrolet July 2019 sales Brazil (this page)
- Chevrolet August 2019 sales Brazil
- Chevrolet September 2019 sales Brazil
- GM Q3 2019 sales South Korea