Chevrolet Trax sales decreased nearly 18 percent to 21,790 units in the second quarter of 2019. The decline in sales comes after a very strong performance in the first quarter of the year. And now, in what could be an effort to catalyze a rebound in sales, a new Chevrolet discount takes over $4,000 off the price of select Trax models.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers for the Trax in July 2019 are as follows:
- Retail offer (excludes L models): $4,250 total cash allowance when financing with GM Financial
- Cash offer: $2,250 consumer cash + $1,250 downpayment assistance = $3,500 total cash allowance
- Finance offer: $750 cash allowance + 0 percent APR (interest-free) financing for 72 months for well-qualified buyers
For reference, here are the applicable 2019 Chevrolet Trax trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
- LS – $22,295
- LT – $24,195
- Premier – $28,595
The $4,250 Chevrolet discount reduces the starting price of the LT model to $19,945, making it more affordable than a regularly-priced 2019 Trax LS. Meanwhile, the $3,500 Chevrolet discount reduces the starting price of the 2019 Trax LS to just $18,795.
- Must take delivery by July 31st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Trax
The Chevrolet Trax is a subcompact crossover utility vehicle. It slots below the Equinox as Chevrolet's smallest CUV and rides on the GM Gamma 2 platform shared with the Chevrolet Sonic/Aveo and Buick Encore. The model was Chevrolet's first offering in the subcompact (B segment) crossover space and the second (after the Nissan Juke) to launch in its segment in the U.S. market.
Having launched for the 2015 model year in the U.S., the Trax received a refresh for the 2017 model year that consisted of all-new front and rear fascias, the replacement of the LTZ trim by the new range-topping Premier model, revised interior, a new infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, and more.
The 2018 Chevy Trax represents the fourth model year of the first-generation Trax and receives several changes including three new exterior colors, a new Trax Redline Edition model, and several equipment-level changes. The 2019 Trax got three new exterior colors and a new Premier badge on the tailgate. The 2020 model is expected to be the last model year of the current, first-generation Trax before an all-new, second-generation model arrives.
The Trax, which is called the Chevrolet Tracker in some markets like South America, Russia and the CIS, is built at the following GM plants:
- GM Bupyeong factory in Bupyeong-Gu, South Korea operated by GM Korea - supplies Eurasia, North America and Holden Trax to Australia/New Zealand
- GM San Luis Potosi factory in San Luis, Mexico operated by GM Mexico - supplies North America
- GM Dongyue South in Yantai, Shandong, China operated by GM China and SAIC - supplies China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Trax information
- Running GM sales results