Chevrolet Bolt EV sales decreased 1 percent to 4,316 units in the first quarter of 2019 as the auto industry had its worst-performing first quarter since Q1 2014. In addition, full federal electric vehicle tax credits ran out on April 1st. And now, in what is perhaps an attempt to make the Bolt EV more attractive to shoppers who were hoping for an EV tax credit, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of select 2019 models by 16 percent in June 2019. Additionally, Chevy is offering interest-free financing for both 2018 and 2019 Bolt EV models.
Nationwide Chevrolet discount offers for the Bolt EV in June 2019 are as follows:
- 2019 Bolt EV purchase offer: 16 percent below MSRP on all models
- 2019 Bolt EV purchase customer cash: $3,000 customer cash
- 2019 Bolt EV finance offer: $1,250 APR cash + 0 percent (interest-free) financing for 72 months with GM Financial
- 2018 Bolt EV purchase customer cash: $3,000 customer cash
- 2018 Bolt EV finance offer: $1,500 APR cash + 0 percent (interest-free) financing for 72 months with GM Financial
For reference, here are the applicable 2018 and 2019 Bolt EV trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2019 Bolt EV:
- LT – $37,495
- Premier – $41,895
2018 Bolt EV:
- LT – $37,495
- Premier – $41,780
The 16 percent Chevrolet discount as it applies to an in-stock 2019 Bolt EV Premier with an MSRP of $43,735 reduces the starting price of that model to just $36,738, making it more affordable than a regularly priced 2019 Bolt EV LT. Meanwhile, the $3,000 Chevrolet discount cuts the starting price of the 2018 Bolt EV LT from $37,495 to $34,495.
At the moment, it’s unclear whether these discounts are related to the reduction in the full federal EV tax credit that took place April 1st.
- Must take delivery by July 1st, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About Chevrolet Bolt EV
The Chevrolet Bolt EV is a battery-electric vehicle (BEV) from General Motors’ Chevrolet brand. Officially positioned as a crossover by Chevrolet, the five-door subcompact hatchback offers over 200 miles of range on a full charge while also featuring advanced connectivity technologies designed to enhance and personalize the driving experience.
The Chevy Bolt EV received a few minor updates and changes for the 2019 model year, which is its third model year of the first-generation Bolt EV in the United States market. In addition to three new colors, the Bolt EV also received the following:
- Addition of a new smartphone interface for vehicle entry, start and operation exclusively for fleet orders only; late availability
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert
- Newfound availability of Driver Confidence II Package on LT model. Previously, the package was only available on the Premier trim level. The package includes:
The Bolt EV is assembled at the following plants:
- Vehicle assembly: GM Lake Orion plant in Orion Township, Michigan, USA operated by GM USA
- Battery and motor drive unit: Incheon, South Korea
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- Chevrolet Bolt EV information
- Running GM sales results